Your Top 5 IEMs right now that you are using?

Apollo and the hens (Jawn Smallberries and Jawn Big Booteé)

6 Likes

I’ve had the hardest time with fitment on my loaner IE600 and been frustrated with lack of any real bass. Then I slapped some CP240s on’em and BOOM! If anything, a little too much for me - I’ve ordered some CP220s to see if I can pull the insertion depth back slightly and ratchet back the boom…

1 Like

+1 on Shozy Form 1.1

I hope you like the R1 - I certainly do, and the Penon Serial as well - I don’t consider the R1 a replacement for the Serial, but for the money it scratches the itch…

1 Like

im read that fiio fx15 outperforms ej07m easy in any way,bass,details,separation,soundstage,imaging…

I never tried double flange on them. I definitely should have cause the lack of bass impact was my only real fault with them

2 Likes

He never mentioned the fx15?

An iem you’re interested in or getting, is it?

3 Likes

I like the 240s; they seal, fit and sound different than other double flanges I’ve tried (which are more similar to each other than they are to the 240s). Pricy tho! If they can break through fitment problems like this, I’ll overlook the price.

1 Like

im want to buy this one, fx15. i have mid focused and neutral iems. want new sound. listen all genres,but not metal.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Don’t see many ppl about that talk about the fx15.

I think @trouble might have the fx15, you should drop him a message, he’s a nice guy. I’m sure he’d be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of FX15, but I doubt it. :thinking:

1 Like

There is also the Shozy Form 1.4 which has more BAs and at a higher price makes me wanna assume it is better. Although from what I remember it wasnt worth it compared to the 1.1.
(I do not have the 1.4 though)

2 Likes

thanks. im go for monarch mkiii.

4 Likes

so, ie600 very similar sound to fiio fx15? both neutral bright? from curves lowermidbass in fx15 has warmth?

I’ll be straight with you. I don’t think anyone here has tried the FX15 so no one can compare. The IE600 doesn’t sound like it graphs and imo that’s due to th smaller DD it uses. The IE600 could be considered neutral bright or closer to U depending on the seal you get since that will boost the sub bass

2 Likes

Yass - I definitely experienced that swing with the IE600 and tips this week… it’s actually a cool (probs unintentional) feature… I have to go look at FX15 - I’ve been macking on the FD5 and FD7 this week…

i had fd7 some ago,even after 100hours of burn not liked it -too dark for me,moody mids and highs. im compared it vs campfire ara-bright neutral sounding that i lke more vs fd7.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. :pray:

looking to new or used fx15?

I wouldn’t say that - I still know nothing about it…

My Top 10 iems of iems and DAPs/DACs purchased in 2023 are as follows

1- IMR Acoustics Titan /Oriveti OH700VB
3. Oriveti OD200
4. SONIC Memory SW2
5. PENON 10TH AE
6.IMR Acoustics Elan+
7. FIIO FH9
8 Kiwi ears Quintet
9. IMR Acoustics EDP Ace
10. IKKO OH5 Asgard

CONTENDERS/ SPECIAL MENTIONS FOR
VE SiE* on the right day it’s in the top 10 such a good DD
EPZ Q5
Rose Technics Quietsea
Meze Advar
Acoustune Hs1655cu
IMR ACOUSTICS BC(23)
Simgot ew200
Simgot EA500

DAP/DAC

1. SHANLING M6 Ultra

2. Hiby R6111

3. SHANLING H5

4.Shanling H2

1. Hiby RS2

6 IBasso Dx170

1. CAYIN RU6

2. shanling M1s

3. Hiby R5 11

4. Shanling M3X

I have a draw full of iems from this year that were just OK/good enough for the price that in 2020 would have been top sets the hobby has blossomed over the last few years

3 Likes