YouTube- Reviews, Chats, and other Content

Previously, maybe Jude vs Tyll, Guttenberg vs Atkinson?

1 Like

What did you want a comparison with?

Didn’t know you had a Violectric connection. This is a brand that’s frequently listed on the used gear site here in Canada. Should I be interested?

1 Like

Yes, some of their amps are very nice sounding, can recommend for sure. Lake people is the manufacturer (Violectric is their HiFi brand), and they have some nice pro offerings as well

1 Like

The SPL Phonitor Xe vs Nimbus vs others (I yet don’t know)

Ah well imo the niimbus is on a different tier of performance, so that’s not the most fair comparison lol (at least for sound imo)

1 Like

For “fun” or also for “reference” (don’t like that word)

I think it’s really for both, it lives at my main listening for fun desk, so I do use it for enjoyment. It’s a true workhorse amp that just sounds good with mostly anything you throw at it. I don’t really know if it’s entirely worth it because I would hope you have pretty good headphones if you pick one up. For more fun I think the v281 might be worth considering (and more reasonably priced, I do prefer that one over the spl amps)

1 Like

Yep. The 281 (used) is in the same budget, as the SPL e.

Andrew Park (@ResoveReviews) from The Headphones Show interviews Zach Mehrbach, Founder & Owner ZMF Headphones.

2 Likes

ModHouse is live with Resolve Reviews (but you can presumably watch later):

2 Likes

Andrew Park (@ResolveReviews) from “The Headphone Show” interviews Audeze Founder Sankar Thiagasamudram at CanJam NYC.

1 Like

Andrew Park (@ResolveReviews) from “The Headphone Show” interviews HEDD Audio CEO and discusses the new AMT driver technology

2 Likes
3 Likes

Live Now.

1 Like

Caught that. I found it entertaining that early on Metal introduced the topic of the recent Schitt Happens post about their use of a simple blind listening protocol and how difficult it is to distinguish pricey products from less pricey ones. The discussion on this lasted about 30 seconds. Then that triggered a tangent and wham! They spent the next 2½ hours discussing geeky minutiae about some of the most expensive headphones going. Stuff 97% of even the most rabid enthusiasts are never going to spring for. (Meanwhile the guys in the associated live chat were left to largely answer their own questions.)

On top of that Metal seems to be the only one that can convey an impromptu idea without endless random pauses in his delivery. But I dutifully sat through the whole thing, being every bit as geeky as they are, lol.

One thing that’s interesting. This Flux guy has seemingly bottomless pockets. He buys the highest-end new stuff going, then circulates it among a select group of YT reviewers who would otherwise not have the resources to hear that level of gear. Doing us all a big favour by educating these guys’ ears. The cost of shipping alone would normally be a show-stopper.

2 Likes

I fell asleep 5 minutes in the video… :roll_eyes:

Extremely sane reaction.

2 Likes

I really like Metal. He’s extremely competent at reviewing headphones, and he’s generally a good guy.

He even offered to loan me his HD650’s while he was on his hiatus because I hadn’t heard them. That says a lot.

3 Likes

Metal speaks my language since I used to work as a programmer before I retired. If nothing else doing hand-holding to a computer for a few decades forces you to think in straight lines, grin.

Says a lot about you too, that he felt you would benefit from that and because he felt he could trust you with them.

2 Likes