🔶 ZMF Caldera Planar

This is the official thread for the ZMF Caldera

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back Planar

:red_circle: ZMF Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

3 Likes

Really really want a set but I gotta slow down on buying TOTL stuff lol.

These sounded very good at CanJam and I can’t wait to get a chance to listen to them in a quieter environment. The Caldera takes the resolving qualities of a planar and adds that euphonic, soulful musicality that ZMF does so well. That said, I also heard the DCA Expanse and was so impessed that I grabbed a pair so I’ll be taking my time and waiting to hear the Calderas in better circumstances before I decide if I’m gonna add them to my stable.

BTW, after feeling their weight in my hands, I was surprised at how light, secure, and well balanced they felt on my head. ZMF/Zach did the weight distribution and pad selection exceptionally well such that the Calderas don’t sit heavy at all.

1 Like

good to hear those 650 to 700 gramm approach lcd territority :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha that’s actually a perfect example. For me, the LCD-4s and 5s, but the 4s moreso, sit particularly heavy on the head. I’m not just referring to the raw weight, but they way they feel almost unweildy to me and the weight seems to concentrate at one point on the top and then down by the ears. In contrast, the Calderas distribute their weight so that no one point seems to have uneven pressure and when you turn your head or tilt it forward or back they feel secure and balanced.

I was actually very impressed by the fit and weight distribution and that’s coming from a DCA owner/fan so you know I appreciate comfort and good engineering in the weight distribution department. I’m sure the Calderas are going to be a very popular headphone.

1 Like