🔷 ZMF Eikon

Be careful with the Camphor - check the review from Sharppain here: ZMFheadphones Eikon - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

New ZMF strap for anyone interested:

1 Like

Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday so they’re shipping pretty quickly, will probably try to install it tonight. I don’t find the Eikon especially uncomfortable unless I wear it for a lot of hours, but I’m interested to give the new strap a try.

UPDATE EDIT:
My initial impression is that the headphone immediately feels “lighter” than I remember. The strap is both wider than my old strap and it feels like it has some foam or something on the underside to give it some squish. I might end up needing to bend the metal a little, since I’m also getting a smidge less clamp force than I was before, but I’m going to try keeping it like this for a little bit first.

Anyway, first impressions are really good! I can check back in in a few days with any updated impressions, but for the moment, I’d recommend the new strap. :smiley:

(Additional notes: My Eikon is Marblewood, so not as light as stock, but also not as heavy as Blackwood or whatnot. Installation was pretty easy, Zach uses a power tool in the video, but I just used the included hex wrench and it was totally fine.)

2 Likes

Installed the Crescent strap today. It is definitely larger than the stock band. I had to drop it all the way down to the bottom rung. If my head was any smaller I wouldn’t even be able to use it probably. It’s comfy though, I like it.

2 Likes