šŸ”¶ ZMF Headphones Atrium

I know you didnā€™t ask me, but I donā€™t see why owning the VOs would preclude you from owning and enjoying a pair of Atriums. The Verite and Atrium sound signatures are actually quite different when you get down to it. Obviously thatā€™s just my opinion, but I have owned both the Atriums and the VOs and I currently still own the Atriums and a pair of VCs so I do have some experience on the topic at hand.

Picked up the caldera Ultra perfs to try on the Atriums. Have heard great things so wanted to try them out and they do not disappoint. to my ears it felt like I got much more of the 3d soundstage and feel like the vocals got much better.
I also picked up the caldera thick perfs to try as well and threw those on my Auteur Classics and turned those into base monsters. I will swap pads a little more back and forth and see where I end up. So far I am liking them more than the Universal or the Auteur pads.

How would you say the ZMF Atrium compares to the Meze Empyrean V2 and which do you think would be a better daily driver?

I just ordered the Atrium ā€œStabilizedā€. They looked very pretty. The ones I wanted sold out in less than 30 seconds after going live, so had to settle for the ā€œOstinatoā€, blues one with black and yellow accents. First time Iā€™ve picked up such an expensive pair of headphonesā€¦ most Iā€™ve ever spent was on a used pair of Focal Clears 4-5 years ago.

I am not sure they will be worth it (lol)ā€¦ but I do like the way everyone describes the sound, being more laid back with a bit more low-end than the typical open back. And at least I am now at a point in my career where they are definitely affordable for me. Though, I still feel oddly guilty spending so much money on a pair of headphones. Lol (sigh)

3 Likes