đź”· ZMF Ori/Blackwood

This is the official thread for the ZMF Ori/Blackwood

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp recommended: Yes
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides ZMF Ori Link
:red_circle: Hifiguides ZMF Blackwood Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

Metal571

Does anyone have an ori, that could describe how it sounds or maybe offer a comparison to the aeolus and if it would be complimentary?

How is the leakage on these? Would they work in a quiet office?

I’m referring to the blackwoods*

Cubicle or open office?

It’s a Cubicle

I think it would be fairly low enough leak unless you are blasting it, should be fine

Someone on head fi is selling one for $300. Do you think it’s a good deal?

That’s a pretty good price imo, I think that’s most likely worth

I have a Lg G8 which i believe has similar specs to the lg V series phones. Do you think it would be able to drive these well enough? Or should i get something like a fiio btr5 if that would work?

I think ideally the best amp for them would be something like an xduoo xd05 or xd05 plus to give them more oomph. They might be fine off of the phone but it won’t be ideal

Alright so you dont think a btr5 would be good enough? The xduoo is a little out of my budget atm after buying the headphones but i could wait and save up for the xduoo if needed.

Gotcha, you can find them on ebay for like 140 USD if that’s more inline with your budget

Also “open box” for a pretty good price

But yeah I would prioritize the headphones and get a dac amp later down the line

Oh wow for $125 i might jump on that then lol thanks!

I was wondering about the Burson v5i upgrade for the Xduoo xd-05. Is it worth it? I heard that some people have problems with high gain after installing it, would it still be able to power the blackwoods without high gain using the Burson op amp?

I think it is worth, but it will reduce the gain a bit, I would just wait until you get the xd05 to see

The bass on the ori is just better. It hits harder and just leaps out of explosive stillness. Midrange is a toss-up, ori is smooth but the aeolus is smoother. Upper mids on the aeolus are more pushed back. Treble is better on the aeolus full stop.

2 Likes