16 watts RMS per channel @ 32 ohms Class A headphone amp... Flux FCN-10

Yup.

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/fcn-10/

Wonder how it sounds, looks like it has a good feature set for the price

Edit: Now that I look at it, these are the same people that made the IRIY and IRIY tube, it was alright but didnā€™t personally impress me for the price, the build was pretty good tho and the sound was solid enough. This looks like they decided to focus less on the build, so I would be curious to see what they have done

Edit 2: Also unfortunate to see no balanced in, but it doesnā€™t matter that much (I guess the FA-12 has that and imo looks more appealing to me, the FA-10 as well), also they most likely could have put speaker taps on there as well that would be nice

1 Like

Also for that price you can get the fully loaded schiit ragnarok 2 with a dac and phono preamp and it does 24 watts into 32

1 Like

Also the whole power isnā€™t everything lol

4 Likes

Yeah it looks like flux man sells a 16 watt standalone amp version of that with balanced inputs as well as a ā€˜true balancedā€™ variant thatā€™s purely class A

The FA10 which is 16 watts
And FA12 which is class a true balanced

I think the 16 watts stuff is their attempt at thx

I would personally go for the fa12 as imo that looks the most promising to me

1 Like

Yeahā€¦like why 16 watts into headphones, Iā€™m confused haha

Yeah you donā€™t really need it, and for the very select few headphones that would benefit from it, you would want even more power and better off with a speaker amp imo lol (I give around 60 wpc into 50 ohms for my he6se)

Dayummm, Iā€™ve heard they need power but I wasnā€™t thinking that much power

Oh you donā€™t need that much, but the more power the he6se can get the better, a nice poweramp really gets the job done than any headphone amp I have tried

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably just for the ā€œeffortlessnessā€. In the video, the guy says this amp beats his Benchmark HPA4 headphone amp in terms of speed and decay.

Also, there maybe something about ā€œheadroomā€, like guitar amps.

ā€œHeadroomā€ (an automotive term literally referring to how much room there is between the top of your head and the roof of the car) as it relates to amplifiers refers to how far you can turn up an amplifier before its clean tone begins to distort.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/what-is-headroom-in-a-guitar-amp/

Obviously you donā€™t want distortion with headphone amps.

(The irony: I listen to a lot of rock and metal, so Iā€™m kinda spending more than ever on headphones and amps to hear distortion, but without unwanted distortion.)

1 Like

ufff already perverse, what do you want with so much power 16 w to 32 ohms. When I had the Sp 200 to test, I found 6 watts already violent. I quickly noticed how the listeners reach their limits Worth investment :laughing:.

1 Like

Yeah my 1 watt JDS Atom is more than enough to make me deaf.

Still, Class A + a ton of headroom = something great, apparently.

1 Like

Sorry to revive a dead thread but what exactly is the difference between the FA10 and FA10 PRO. The site is not making any real attempt to clarify

Edit: Never mind, found it on their facebook page

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what a bipolar output stage means. But I feel like I would respond better to the pro

Hmm, ā€œdual monoā€ all the way?

Apparently its something in reference to noise reduction from my google search

the headfi consensus is that the pro will be more balanced/linear/neutral than the reg. The regular has an emphasis on mids and rolled off on highs/lows. Iā€™ve found the headfi thread to be incredibly useful and Iā€™m purchasing the pro in champagne.

Iā€™d actually consider getting the FA 10 and FA 12 to be honest if the sound is different enoughā€¦

EDIT: To Clarify I am kind of set on building 2 set ups. One desk based and one in my living room. Each would fit into their own roles

1 Like

Iā€™m been in contact with the owner of Flux and they are launching a TOTL Amp specifically for the 1266, Susvara, HE6SE next monthā€¦ Guesses were between $2k - $2.5k she is quite the looker indeed!

At first thank :+1: you for feedbacks for our last post about the new amplifier, but we guess Itā€™s time to disclose the cardsā€‹:black_joker:. Meet, a new ultimate headphones amplifier FLUX VOLOT. Letā€™s deal about the main features which it provides :eyes:

• dual mono design, with separated toroidal transformer for each chanel
  • output stage is based using Toshiba bipolar transistors with a supply voltage of 80 volts
  • output power is 16 Watt on 32 Ohm load, that fact is provides absolute control and dynamics even for most hard to drive headphones on market like HIFIMAN SUSVARA or ABYSS 1266
  • 4 GAIN modes provides excellent flexibility and matching not only for low sensetive or high impedance headphones but also could be used with high sensitivity IEMs
  • Premium Swiss relay from TE Connectivity with PdRu+Au contact material in addition to TAKMAN REY series resistors are used at volume control part
4 Likes