šŸ”· 1More Triple Driver

Hard to say. Depends on how strict your customs office is, what the local VAT is (usually 20-25%), and luck. You might be able to get away with parcels under 99USD but I know some European countries are super strict. If youā€™re concerned with tax you should go for EMU Walnut as they always mark parcels at ridiculously low value.

The triple drivers are actually on Drop for $160 rn. Iā€™m starting to get concerned about the pricing of the triple drivers where i live. I feel like itā€™s too good to be true for them to only cost $124, but they are being sold on the official 1more online store, so I hope I wonā€™t get ripped off.

Iā€™m from Singapore and I always get my gears and headphones from US. If youā€™re here too, Iā€™ll be able to share more info with you!

Iā€™m from Indonesia, which is close to Singapore. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

They can be found for 124ā‚¬ too, so does not strike me as too far off.

I just bought a pair for ~121 Euro here in Denmark. I got the silver version, even though previous posts seem to indicate that the silver version is not sold in the EU.

At first they sounded a bitā€¦thin/hollow/anemic, but after my ears adjusted to them, I quite like them. They do some genres better than others, but thatā€™s how it is with all headphones.

In pictures they donā€™t quite look as nice as they actually are. They seem well built, with some nice heft without being heavy as such.

3 Likes

Do you have any headphones you can compare them to?

greetings from a fellow dane :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, fellow dane :slight_smile:

No, I donā€™t really have much to compare them to. They are quite unique in their sound, but in a good way. I believe that the last pair of headphones that to me had a somewhat similar way of delivering sound, was the DT990ā€™s. They somehow separate the lows, mids and highs, so you really get a sensation that they are separate parts of the musicā€¦Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t describe it better.

1 Like

Can you run these headphones balanced? Is it sufficient to just get a balanced cable? I know some headphones canā€™t be driven balanced unless theyā€™re modded

As thereā€™s separate connections (left/right) thatā€™s not a problem.

Finding the right cable isā€¦ :wink:

The sockets on the cups are 2.5mm.

This seems to suggest You can just search for Sennheiser HD700 cables:

The 2.5mm sockets are very deeply recessed and the connectors have to be very thin.

I bought this cable (4.4mm to dual 2.5mm) and it didnā€™t fit (plugs are to wide):

1 Like

These might work (You could ask the seller to measure the plugs diameter and length where it becomes thicker).

1 Like

Xinhs can do it. Or you can go with an mmcx to 2.5mm adapter.

1 Like

I donā€™t think people have looked at it. I used an aftermarket cable meant for hifimans via 2.5mm and I feel the tweeter did not work with other cables. So that lead me to believe that there are 2 separate hots for each cup/driver on each side etc. I could be be wrong, but I was convinced of it when I had a pair. Swap cable and boom no tweeter so it sounded like crap.

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually heard about that before, so Youā€™re probably right.

Sounds like both the tip and the ring should be hot (+) and the sleeve should be ground (-).

I believe I read about the Sol Republic Master Tracks headphones being compatible.

Iā€™ll check my original cable later with a multimeterā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

As far as I can tell the tip is hot and the sleeve is ground on the 2.5mm plugs.

No connection on the rings.

I would think that a TS cable would work then. Like this one:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0N2fJG

If it fits that isā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Was Your cable with TS or TRS connectors?

Yea my og cables were trs but the other one I tried were mono 2.5mm if Iā€™m not mistaken, I didnā€™t have a multi when I experimented back in the day. Glad you checked, Iā€™m glad to be wrong in this case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried an unbalanced cable made for these headphones and they also work:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNwFAVy

They have TRS connectors and both the tip and ring are hot on them.

1 Like

Hi,
It is probably the screws holding the Maserati wheels. lol. Theyā€™re use to press and hold the glass down.

My modded Tridents.Definitely sounds better then the original version!I love the new pads on them:the original takstar pro82 pads!!Hard to decide which sounds better on tube:These or ndh 20 :man_shrugging:t2::white_heart:

1 Like

Hi, I know this is really out of know where and late but, what cushion, sleeve are you using for the headband?