šŸ”· 1More Triple Driver

I have a budget of around $200 to upgrade my audio set-up and Im planning on getting these because i can get them for only $126. Does using an amp really improve the sound of these cans? If so, can anyone recommend me a good $75-$100 amp/dac combo thatā€™s powerful enough to drive these headphones?

Thatā€™s a tough price range for a DAC/Amp combo unit. Almost any headphone, though, will benefit to some degree from a DAC and amp. What are you playing music from? Perhaps something like a Schiit Fulla, or using the DAC from your source (i.e. computer) and starting with just an amp, like the Liquid Spark, Magni 3+, or Atom.

Actually with just Fiio BTR5 will be able to drive these really well. With the Bluetooth LDAC feature, I use it as my portable DAC/amp. These are not hard to drive.

Fyi sold my triple driver and got AKG K361 instead, personal preference. You may want to look into that too.

I donā€™t have an external dac, and Iā€™ve just been using my old pcā€™s crappy soundcard. I decided that i want a portable bluetooth dac/amp so that i can use it with my phone too, but thanks for the reply

Zeos said the triple drivers will benefit from powerful amps, but joshua said that they wonā€™t, so now im kinda confused on what amp/dac to get. Btw, how does the k361 compare to the triple drivers?

I only use triple driver and k361 for portable use when Iā€™m out and about. If Iā€™m home, I have other headphones that I prefer, thus I did not try either on proper amp.

Iā€™m an amateur so I canā€™t really give you in depth comparison and Im describing triple driver from memory. Overall, I find triple driver a little too bright and vocal is thin sounding. I donā€™t usually use headphones when I watch movies, but I saw one of the reviewer recommending the triple driver for movies and heā€™s absolutely right.

K361 sounds more balanced (balanced for a v shape tone) and smoother to me. Bass is more controlled and treble is not fatuguing. K361 is also way more comfortable than triple driver.

I need headphones that make me go ā€œwowā€ when watching movies and gaming, so maybe the triple drivers are the headphones i need. May I ask what headphones you use at home?

If thatā€™s the case, I prefer the triple driver for movies more than k361. I donā€™t game, so canā€™t say much.

I have Beyer DT1990 Pro and DT177X Go, Gold Planar GL2000, Senn HD58X, Grado Hemp, Hifiman HE400i 2020 version, Philips SHP9600 and Stax L300. And of course AKG K361 for portable.

Well if you want to play story driven games or just something non-FPS the Tridents are really good. I definitely wouldnt say they are bright, they have stunning low end (sadly, it can get a little mushy). I think it is an ideal set for movies, media consumption and gaming that doesnt require precise imaging.

Been a while for this rec, but for the use case and budget, I wonder if the CAL (Creative Aurvana Live) could make sense. That would leave a little more room for the DAC/Amp, something like a XD05 Basic maybe?

1 Like

Just to add that if CAL is difficult to find thereā€™s also EMU walnut or purpleheart that is essentially the same but with wooden cups.

The cheapest price I can find is $248 for the CAL where i live. The cheapest XD05 basic costs $260. I also canā€™t find anyone selling the EMU walnut or purpleheart sadly.

Arent you from central Europe? :smile:

I guess Iā€™m gonna get the triple drivers. Theyā€™re the cheapest decent headphones thatā€™s available for me. As for the amp/dac Iā€™ll maybe get the Xduoo XP 2 pro or the btr5. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

EMU Purpleheart can be purchased through Drop, they restock from time to time, you just need to wait for the next Drop. Drop: Passions lead here

EMU Walnut can be purchased from EMUā€™s website E-MU - Online Order

Nah, I live in South East Asia. Hard to get my hands on audio gear from the US. Only can get Chinese products lmao.

Does Drop ship internationally?

They have like random pricing tbhā€¦
Here in Czech Republic is everything audio-related much pricier, but this set just appeared in local shops for 100usd last year.

Depends on where you are but generally yes. Best way to find out is just to add a Drop product to the basket and see if you can check out using your address

Oh yea I think they do ship to my country. Is the estimated price accurate? Or will there be additional taxes depending on where I live?