šŸ”· 1More Triple Driver

I will be looking at getting another pair for pad mods and maybe a headband mod. These are ones I really regret getting rid of. My nighthawks are for relaxed listening and the experience. The 1more were my strict aggressive bass slam headphones that were not fatiguing like the many fostex bio-dynamic ones.

1 Like

ooooooo interesting, for sure let us know how that tweaking goes. quite curious

Yea, I was seeing some mods using less dampening on the tweeter to increase clarity as well as using beats padsā€¦ lol for more room for the ears. So Iā€™ll research it again and see about that. Iā€™m on an IEM kick at the moment so its a struggle lol

1 Like

hahaha, gotcha gotcha. will be a fun experiment, and if you do it right could be pretty nice to get the headphone you wanted but with over ear status. itā€™s always a struggle juggling between IEMs and headphones. struggle is real

1 Like

Hmmm saw these were going for like $125 on Drop so I came here to see as many peoples opinions as possible before I choose to buy or notā€¦ I am really not a fan of On-Ear as is, but seeing all these comfort complaints really swayed me not to buy these. I feel like this is a headphone I would love to try before I buy. The harsh treble I donā€™t think would be too bothersome for me though because the Asgard is a bit warm and I have a tube amp on the way.

Still debating if I want this or not, but I think I will stray away for now and maybe get them if the price drops just a bit lower to give them a shot :eyes:

Treble is not harsh on these based on my time owning one, comfort always caught up to me with them and I had to put them down. There are mods to fix that supposedly. They are a low end beast if you push them with eq, basically a tie with my lcd2c for punch and rumble. Detail I thing the 2c pulls ahead tho. If you dont mind rotating them,out after a bit or modding them you should be fine.

These are a awesome headphone. I love em. and yes you should get them. Its on ear but you can wear them for a while. Treble is not too bad. The ceramic tweeter on these make them capable of doing things other headphones cannot. I think someone figured out a pad that goes over the current pad on them. just as long as the 3 holes in the inside are not covered it should be good

It looks like the pad mod kind of destroys the sound. The people I asked who did it said the tweeter didnā€™t sound the same. Real bummer, because if 1More could make these as over ear, I would be willing to pay $100 more easily for them.
Also yes, I never found the treble harsh, just very clean and clear sounding. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That sux, yea they are great on treble and I would gladly pay way more for a true over ear version that captures the same sound. They are very much like Nighthawks in the sense that due to having 2 drivers and the passive radiator there is nothing that sounds quite like them.

1 Like

IMO they should keep these and make an MK II that is real over-ear.

Would be willing to spend 250ā‚¬ on a true over ear version.

3 Likes

We need to start a petition to 1More lol.

3 Likes

I feel the same about them as you did. Lack of harshness in treble and lack of comfort from the headband (lol). The on-ear"ness" of these cans donā€™t do it any favors, as the lack of any sort of seal degraded their sound IMO. Pressing the perimeter of the cups to my ears improved things, but Iā€™m not too keen at doing such a thing throughout my listening sessions.

Back to the headband, man that headband was probably the worst out of any cans that Iā€™ve tried, hotspots galore. It felt like 1More was trying to drill into the top of my skull, haha. My second worst headband would probably be Audezeā€™s bumpy leather headband for their LCD-2.2/3/early-X cans, especially as the leather hardens when it ages like the one that came on my used-LCD-2.2 pre-fazors. I quickly purchased Audezeā€™s comfort strap headband, which improved comfort immeasurably. As for the 1Moreā€™s, maybe a ZMF Pilot Pad or Dekoni Nuggets could have helped matters, but I didnā€™t feel like spending or doing anything more for them and quickly sold them off.

Interesting. Personally I had no problems with the headband. I found it comfortable enough. But I can see how it would be uncomfortable to some. For me personally, it is worth the discomfort for that amazing sound these things have. :smile:

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m glad that you like yours. I hope the person that I sold mine to enjoys it the same. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm okay so it sounds like sound quality is top-notch but comfort just sucks. Maybe this is a good headphone to just use every now and then instead of a daily driver. Still debating, but thank you for the commentsā€¦ Definitely persuading me though lol

1 Like

Yea thats the Idea, like they can BUMP with EQ, but for the most part they are a guilty pleasure every now and again can. It has good forward imaging too so can be really fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve pretty much gotten used to them, and can wear them for hours at a time without the pads bothering me now.

Still probably my favorite headpones.

I donā€™t have any comfort issues with the headband, the only thing I donā€™t like is for some reason itā€™s really heavyā€“if I lean my head back with the couch reclined they want to rotate off the back of my head. No issues in any other situation though.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s kind of what I did with them. Quick uses of about 30 minutes to an hour at a time.

1 Like

Hey there,
I would like to ask you guys two questions regarding these headphones.

1. How much power do they need to sound as good as theyā€™re supposed to?
    Iā€™ve used them for some time now and I honestly canā€™t hear much of a difference between these and my Samson SR850s. Iā€™m using both with the Topping MX3. If thatā€™s not enough to drive them well, then what is?
    Would a Shiit Magni be?

2. I saw Zeos use custom cables on them. They look like Hart Audio cables. If they are, then which one works with the headphones? The connector on the standard cable is TRS, but Hart Audio seem to only sell TRRS and Mono connectors.

Thatā€™s about it. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I wish you a nice day/night!

To answer part of #2 my experience with these cans is that they use both tip and ring as hots for left or right. I think that both are needed to run both drivers, reason being I tried a mono cable and it sounded like the tweeters were not in use. I had asked periapt in the past and they shot me down on a cable wired that way.