2022 Releases Worth Listening To

I’m a bigger The Weeknd fan, but still love Kendrick.

The comparison between this album and Blonde is quite interesting. In the most positive way.

I like the album, it’s a well-made album that has a flow, just like a gootd story or a book.

I like Mother I Sober as well, but Father Time might be my current track, if I’m being honest.

1 Like

Didn’t think much on first listen, but has grown on me with repeated listens.

1 Like

I think I will have to contradict an earlier post that I made. The new Florence and the Machine album is a lot stronger than I expected based on the first singles. Man, I have missed that voice…
I think I will be hitting that Buy button. Or at the very least be buying several songs.

PS: I ended up buying 7 songs.

1 Like
1 Like

Somehow, this is not getting any mainstream reviews.

1 Like

Sadly, it’s not Bro Country or hick-hop country. So, mainstream country radio and Nashville don’t give a damn.

Enjoying this.

2 Likes

This is quite nice. Thanks for the tip

Came accross this album today.
It was a solid listen. (not sure if I would have it on repeat)

Escape - Desire

https://tidal.com/browse/album/224525848

Surprised I haven’t seen this yet:

Toro y moi - Mahal

Also:

Jack White - Fear of the dawn

Also if you like Cory Wong’s stuff:

Roughly in order of the order I’ve been enjoying them.

3 Likes

Phenomenal sounding and hypnotizing slowcore or however to call it to listen with eyes closed

Also following up on the original post from this thread. Big thief new album is also special, though a bit long

I think I’m the only person on Earth who likes indie rock and alt-country, heard the Big Thief album and wondered, “What’s all the hype about?”

It’s good, solid. In my top 10 albums of the year so far? Not even close.

But I know that’s a “me” thing, not a “world” thing! :slight_smile:

That is a fair take I guess. I have never had any longer contact with Big Thief before (apart from their hits) and this album was this type of thing that I put it on listen twice in a row (though I was having particularly plenty of time yesterday) and there were already couple of songs that caught my ear both lyrics and vibe wise (potential singles IMO).

But the truth is that in the long run there are not a lot of albums that I loved at first sight and that I love til this day, most of the ones that are on my lists are of “grower” type.

But would like to know your top 10 list of 2022 alt/indie honestly :slight_smile: this is a good year so far in my view

1 Like

Well, I like a ton of genres, but these are the records so far in my “Favorite Albums of 2022” playlist on Spotify that are candidates for my top-10 list during this holiday season. Listed in no particular order:

Wilco - “Cruel Country” (alternative rock/alt-country)
Tinsley Ellis - “Devil May Care” (electric blues)
Garcia Peoples - “Dodging Dues” (jam/psych/stoner rock)
Yard Act - “The Overload” (post-rock/punk)
Nilufer Yanya - “PAINLESS” (pop)
The Infamous Stringdusters - “Toward the Fray” (bluegrass/psychgrass)
Johnny Marr - “Fever Dreams Pts 1-4” (alternative rock)
Greg Spero - “The Chicago Experiment” (jazz)
Jack White - “Fear of the Dawn” (rock)
Camp Cope - “Running with the Hurricane” (pop/rock)
Confidence Man - “TILT” (EDM/dance)
Orville Peck - “Bronco” (country/alt-country)
DJ-Kicks: Cinthie - Mixed Tracks (EDM)
Bonnie Raitt - “Just Like That” (pop/electric blues)
Eli “Paperboy” Reed - “Down Every Road” (neo-soul/funk)
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - “Endless Rooms” (indie rock)
Kendrick Lamar - “Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers” (hip-hop)
NEW ADDS
Zach Bryan - “American Heartbreak” (country/Americana)

2 Likes

Nice big thanks, a lot of stuff I did not know about and I thought I have this year covered more or less… Have you listened to new Nick Mulvey? Great stuff as well

1 Like

This thread had me at Beach House - ‘Once Twice Melody’… dream pop is percolating down to my toes.

1 Like

I have not. Will check the Mulvey album. Thanks for the tip!

Audiophile album of the year. The mastering is as good as it gets.

1 Like

This is just incredible by Regina Spektor

2 Likes

Worth a listen.