šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Itā€™s a much better set than I3 pro or P1. For rock and Roll and Hip Hop anyway

6 Likes

Parametric EQ LOL

1 Like

My experience is that really heavy peq sounds rather wonky.

what do this colors even mean? if this a comparison, then how much difference there is? or is it an individual assessment than means good or bad?.

Green = better

Yellow = similar

Red = worse

Simply a TLDR way of judging if someone doesnt wanna read the review.

I pick mine up tomorrow so Iā€™ll get a good wee session tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

I had the PMV PP, really liked it but wanted more upper mids/trebleā€¦ it was just a touch on the dark side.

Really do prefer single driver sets, or at least the idea of them. Iā€™m sure companies now have sussed out the crossovers and timbre differences in drivers to make them sound coherent.

Thatā€™s why I think once bluetooth codecs are up to scratch TWS sets can become absolutely blinding! Multi-Dacs, multi-amps, and dsp designed for multidriver sets without Xovers etcā€¦ The possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

gotcha, however as 1.01 is always larger than 1 it all depends on your tolerances. Could you please tell me where can I read your review. I cant seem to find it here. sorry

I am working on it.

great! thanks

Sorry, I just need to ventilate a bit

Honestly I donā€™t understand the disregard for EQ around these parts. There is no perfect set, unfortunately, that doesnā€™t benefit, more or less, from EQ.

Again I found the Timeless to take extremely well to EQ as itā€™s so fast and distortionless, provided you got the juice to drive it.

I boost the midbass 100-200hz by 1,5dB

I also boost the air 22kHz and above by at least 10dB. Just because it can take it.

Together with balanced connection the Timeless becomes hyper articulate and transparency is shot through the roof without sounding thin. Itā€™s very immersive and large sounding especially with EDM where the music is already compressed. Suddenly I donā€™t mind the shoddy imaging nearly as much.

6 Likes

I am with you 100%, but sometimes is not possible to use eq, or the eq available is just hot garbage (ie. fiio app eq, android system eq, etc or using dsd or mqa if you are into those sort of things). At at 200usd budget there are several well tuned iems with fantastic performance to justify the use of eq to fix a not so well done. Luckily this doesnā€™t seems to be the case for the Timeless.

1 Like

Yes indeed. EQ is only good when used in moderation on specific setups.

1 Like

But also the fact that no one can hear above 20khz means whatever information is there was not mixed/mastered properly and is most likely 100% garbage. Asuming you are listening to at least 92khz pcm, boosting any frequencies above the 20k will be just a waste of computing energy of whatever device you are using, but thats just my opinion.

4 Likes

For some reason, boosting those ultra high frequencies DO make a difference if the Q value is ~1.5 and the gain is 15-20dB. Itā€™s not ambiguous at all, just try it for yourself. The sound becomes super airy and sensitive.
I find itā€™s very effective. Itā€™s immediate and obvious.

Just. Try. It.

2 Likes

I guess it doesnt hurt to try. Will do a/b testā€¦ with eq apo?

1 Like

I use APO with Peace Extension.

2 Likes

I3 is an tribrid with a planar (dd planar ba). Am I mistaking?
It isnā€™t a straight comparison.
How is it crossovers? Each component do what

3 Likes

All owners, no review shills so itā€™s safe ( there are not enough stocks for that :sweat_smile:)

Also
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2386473901653225

This can and does contain shills but the majority are chifi enthusiasts and have been for many many years.

Check both of them out for a broad view of the set. :+1:

5 Likes

Finally received my set. Unfortunately, itā€™s one of the bad QA sets

The quality control issue is the casing comes apart. Mine only happens with the left hand side

Waiting to hear back from Shen Zhen Audio to see what theyā€™ll do

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a bummer. Maybe try putting them back with instant super glue?