šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

More then 400ā‚¬.

Damn, that means Thieā€™s tribrid family is nothing.

I have had had the Timeless for about two weeks and have been getting used to their sound.

Today I decided to compare them to the only other I have (SA6) using two albums (Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon), I found that the Timeless was narrow, but the detail was very good in comparison. I do like what the Timeless give, but I do mis the separation that I get from the SA6. Saying that, I am aware that they are different technologies and they bring different qualities to the enjoyment of listening to music.

I thought I would compare this also to the only Planar headphone I own (Ananda (2020 Revision)). This just showed me what the Timeless brought to the party, but also showed their shortcomings.

I am pleased that I have these and do not regret getting them.

7 Likes

So more about the imagingā€¦

I think the poor imaging is due to the following reasons in tandem:

1. Large diaphragm

2. The large diaphragm is in very close proximity to the eardrum. (And squeezed through smaller nozzle)

3. Diaphragm moves uniformly as it is a Planar.

This creates a very large, very up close view of large images, so large the contours of each image are lost and the imaging that you can detect becomes the immediate texture in the center of the image.

Each note is like a very high resolution picture that youā€™ve zoomed in on and canā€™t see the corners of.

It is 2D for sure.

On the topic of dimensional sound reproduction, what are the most 3D sounding IEMs?

Iā€™ve heard Mest OG & MK2, EJ07 and Tea are extraordinary in their respective price bracket.

Are there any other noteworthy contenders?

6 Likes

Those are the stand outs for sure.

3 Likes

BGVP also has them, with another halving of the price, about $2.5 per pair. Even model numbers are pretty similar to Acoustune ones. Though havent tried them also.

1 Like
2 Likes

Does Timeless have better soundstage and imaging than Tin P1 or P2 btw? If itā€™s already mentioned please let me know the link.

No

The Timeless has better tonality, timbre and more energy efficient, but technicalities are better on the P1. The Timeless is the one I would recommend over the P1 (due to how poorly tuned the P1 is) BUT, if you can use PEQ, the P1 is the better iem (except the timbre which is still slightly better on the Timeless). (The PEQ preset for the P1 is in my database.)

5 Likes

Rip, the Timeless got slaughtered.

4 Likes

Damn, A+ rank?

The Timeless?

Yeah, since I3 Pro is S-.

Ehm, no lol.

Might not even be in A territoryā€¦

Ouch, luckily I didnā€™t pull the trigger.

If you want an iem that has a planar, get the I3 Pro. Otherwise just go get the Hifiman Sundara lol.

I still like the default tuning the timeless has. Gonna post my impressions here once the timeless arrives.

1 Like

I already pulled the trigger as soon as @hawaiibadboy reviewed itā€™s better than Tin P1ā€¦ probably because of tuning and timber

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku thank you for the detailed comparison

1 Like