šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

On that :+1:ā€¦P1ā€™s + 604 bass is solidā€¦canā€™t wait to hear the 7ā€™s :smiley:

2 Likes

Hoping that I donā€™t have to wait weeks till my order gets shipped.

New review

5 Likes

He praises the imaging! What is going on lol

@hawaiibadboy how would you describe the imaging? I donā€™t recall having read your thoughts on the imaging of timeless

3 Likes

The thing is: within the soundstage it has, which is basically a straight line, the imaging is exceptional. And that imaging presents as this infinite wall of sound source. Itā€™s incredibly coherent.

I genuinely like it. Itā€™s different in an acceptable way. I get why he gushes over it. But, again, itā€™s not all around you.

You know what it might be like? A 2 channel speaker system. I havenā€™t had one in a while, but the sound is basically a wall in front of you like this. At least, it was to me.

3 Likes

Speaker of good quality set up properly image is superior to that of iems and in my opinion headphones also.

but what about soundstage? Can the tie fighter fly up from behind you in a 2 channel speaker system?

I do not trust my experience because I never had a good room for it (which is part of the reasons for headphones). But, thatā€™s what the timeless feels like to me. Well balanced audio coming from in front of me. Wide soundstage in front, and little/nothing behind.

And it feels fine.

3 Likes

I did not mention in my vid really.
Planar is unique.
However nothing images straight ahead. ( Thank you Dr Chesky)
Dr.Chesky_sUltimateHeadphoneDemonstrationDiscFrontCover_195x195@2x

Iā€™d rec getting this among others Chesky has released.

No IEM Which Are Ear Plugs gives you a presentation in front of your face. Behind is a dead zone for IEM too. It is unrelated to hearing ability or anything, it is just the limits of what psychoacoustics can do.
Imaging is ability to place instruments and separation is the sense of space or none beween the imaged instruments.
Planar is not bad but quite different than traditional drivers.
It excels at micro details.
A bassist or guitarist ( as I mentioned in my vid) will LOVE em for that.
I donā€™t think they play with your mental stage the way an original EJ07 will but most wonā€™t.
I think planar should be in everyones stable and thius is the first set that can be used without a DSP cable like AUDEZE uses.

9 Likes

Pretty much yes, well at least from over the shoulder in my experience. Go to a hifi show, high end dealer or drop the :moneybag:youā€™ll be surprised what a 2 speaker system can do :+1:

3 Likes

Definitely hasnā€™t been my experience with 2 channel audio. Itā€™s possible getting that is beyond a price I am willing to pay? I certainly didnā€™t feel that way about 2 channel svs sound, rsl or klipsch bookshelf systems. I was actually pretty disappointed in them. (That was actually when I started with headphones)

Itā€™s very easy to achieve a 3D soundstage with 2ch stereo. Iā€™ve had it all my life and never bothered with surround sound.

You donā€™t need expensive equipment at all. You just need to position the speakers/listening position properly and have a room that is quite symmetrical with no unwanted big windows in odd places etc. Treating the room helps a lot as well!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been a bass player for nearly 2 decades now.

Unfortunately I find the bass guitar timbre a little weird on the Timelessā€¦ more like a keyboard with a bass guitar patch rather than a proper bass guitar in some songs. I suppose this is the ā€œplanar timbreā€ at work. This unfortunately takes away from my enjoyment. I suppose others may not mind this so much.

For my personal enjoyment in listening to bass guitar I find the Mele just so tasty. It sounds like the bass guitar is being played through a tube bass amp. Yum!

That being said, the microdetails on the 7hz as you mentioned are killer. Canā€™t deny that.

8 Likes

Itā€™s harder to do and letā€™s be honest the timeless does not have sense of depth, That has been established by everyone.I really do not care about a fighter flying over ny head. I like to be able to place where instruments are coming from. The systems you got were probably not set up right for one thing. There is no question that iems and headphones are much better bang for your buck. Do they image like a great speaker system I would say no but I never heard original EJO7. The timeless is poor compared to other iems, Everything has a weakness. That is its weakness.if you do not mind that get them if you do stay away. I own Sundaras and they are not same as speakers but definitely image better than Timelesd.

Yes, including me.

The problem is people are combining imaging and soundstage. It has no depth to soundstage, but across the space in front of you, it has excellent imaging. There is no blobbing or other effect I can detect. Instruments are placed within that wide but shallow stage.

So saying it doesnā€™t have imaging isnā€™t correct from my point of view. It simply canā€™t move those images forward or backward much if at all. To me it has a 2 dimensional soundstage with fairly good imaging across it.

This isnā€™t a problem for me. Itā€™s wonderfully coherent. Like sitting in the first row for a live orchestra.

7 Likes

The timeless keeps on sounding like my endgame IEM now. Iā€™m curious how it is gonna sound once it arrives at my place.

4 Likes

Yes some favourable reviews. Mine are now waiting to be delivered at local courier so itā€™ll be Monday/Tuesday for me.

I love how close the FR is to the SE846, just with a whole lot more extension, and with Planar speed, Iā€™m really excited about these. Soundstage depth is the only thing that may concern me but I can only try with my own ears.

1 Like

I canā€™t really speak to end game. But this is the most enjoyably tuned planar I have heard. Flaws and all. Thatā€™s against over ears and euclid. The fact that it is so inexpensive is just unbelievable.

It has just enough fun and engagement while still retaining planar properties. I wish an over ear planar did this.

On the down side, I am having some mmcx issues. I havenā€™t determined if its the IEM or the cable.

:frowning:

5 Likes

Because of the quality control I would likely never order a truly expensive IEM from China.

It seems like the timeless is the best planar IEM now so I have little reason to upgrade for the next year.

2 Likes

I get it. I understand why you like it and is had just a little more depth I probably give it a run. Letā€™s say it hit poor sounds raging and since I can not hear it without buying it I probably never will hear it. You never know I might like it. There are some tracks having little depth and I do listen to those. I was a prime potential buyer.I have had many planar speakers. I only own one set of headphones and those are Sundaras. Enjoy them !

1 Like

What do you call truly expensive :man_shrugging:t2: