šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Picked up my timeless at the post office today.
MY first encounter with a 4.4 connector, wasnt immediately obvious to me that you dont push it inā€¦ you ram it in real good. got worried here for a minute heh.

First impressions are great, cant wait for the 4.4 extention I ordered from Xinhs so I can start use them properly as the cable is too short really for my desk setup, but I can atleast listen to them a bit even if its a bit akward atm.

Im absolutely enjoying them and I cant wait to sit and listen to them A LOT this weekend.

3 Likes

I do a similar, just tamer version of that.

I tend to pull down right at 8k, but only around 2 db.
I currently either leave the rest alone
OR for some music
ā€¦ go down by 1 db at 166Hz, and then up by 1 db 83Hz, and 2 db at 42Hz

Timeless play this tune good and puts a smile on my face. Brings back the NFS: Underground 2 memories. Best of NFS so far. great times, simpler times.

4 Likes

How changed the sound this graphen cable ?

This set just keeps on entertainingā€¦Timeless + Hybrid tubesā€¦

3 Likes

This happened to me where the grill (filter) was rattling and had broken in one part. I used tweezers to remove it and replaced with one of the additional grills included in the box. Placing it in the nozzle and using the back of the tweezers to gently apply pressure around the edges to make it flush worked for me.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I was hearing overheated by billie eilish on foobar2k feed to fiio btk3k balanced out to stock 7hz. And a noticed a shaky sound, sort of rattling, from the left driver. Thats really weird and i cant reproduce it again after many trials. Is this some sort of burn in ? :rofl:

Do you guys think the Timeless can be reshelled without affecting the sound too much? The driver unit seems pretty independent of the housing.

1 Like

I would imagine that the shape of the interior matters a lot for tuning, but I donā€™t know how much the materials do. I am guessing someone here does.

2 Likes

Zeos finally reviews the Timeless ( in planar roundup ) and is suitably impressed.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing this morning when I realized I had not yet listened to this album on them. WOW

2 Likes

Ordered a bunch of Tennmak Whirlwind tips and a SpinFit CP100 tip to compare them on my Timeless.

1 Like

Some tunes to enjoy on the Timeless

1 Like

BIG BANK YG BIG BANK - Google Search

I had a driver rattle around 60hz (like 40-70 or sth) on my Sennheiser HD560S which I wasnā€™t sure was part of music (because some music pulls cheeky shit like that) and then months later after actually testing it properly I realized itā€™s a defect and sent it back.

2 Likes

Alrighty,

So this is a nail in the coffin for me and I just want confirmation before I get rid of it.

Thereā€™s a massive spike at what appears to be 6.5k. I have two songs (really the whole album) that showcases this in an excellent way.

So, Iā€™d like you guys to listen to these two, (the part that is iffy in ā€˜Citizenā€™ is at 0:45 and 0:51 very pronounced sharp ā€œshā€ sound and hear how many of you have this so I know if itā€™s on all units.

Fix? EQ 6500Hz down 10dB with Q7 and if you use an EQ which raises the upper mids add to that even more.

For contrast, ER2SE with (5db to be precise) or without EQ doesnā€™t even come close, neither does HD560S and Starfield is also a little sharp but needs like -3db.

So please, do me a favor,

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like

I donā€™t find a problem in the first video.

What are timestamps in the second video?

I am in general rather resistent to treble spikesā€¦ also be aware that this isnā€™t just about the IEM but also your ear canal. So everyone will have different results even with the same IEM.

2 Likes

Neither of the spots you mentioned were issues for me on my Timeless, and I made a point of making sure I had no EQ first. I listened to those sections a few times and was not picking it up. The cymbals were pretty hot in that same time range just short of the 1 minute mark on the first track.

The thing you did do, was manage to convince that the people who did the sound engineering should not be allowed to do that again, mostly due to lack of human empathy. The second track has a high pitched tone around the 1:10 mark and it continues for a while. I bothered to look up the sound engineer, Brian Robbins. I was relieved to discover that he is now chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures and will likely never be in a mixing booth again.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that. Hence why Iā€™m trying to see if itā€™s me, my set or the song.

I will admit itā€™s not that bad without EQ but itā€™s really bad even with a mild teble boost.

@John_W_Clark so are you saying itā€™s the music and not my set or my ears? That was my previous stance.

But. ER2SE and HD560S donā€™t have this problem, could it be this song + my ear canal?

ER2SE goes really deep and 560S isnā€™t an IEM so their sound ocmes to my eardrum differently.

So, whatā€™s the middle ground. Do you know of any well recorded, well mastered songs that I can use to test this?

1 Like

I thought maybe you were being a bit harsh but then I listened and it sounded like tinnitus. LOL. I donā€™t know what they were thinking thereā€¦

2 Likes