šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Any good ear tip with good details in the sound but with bass presence? Because, I like how sound the stock eartip, but sounds boring and bright some times, the clearly white (black for someones) tip sounds with good bass presence but with a loss in the details and the space effect

Can u pls tell me the name of the EQ you are using . Tnx

7Hz should sell the Timeless cable separatelyā€¦itā€™s kinda nice.

6 Likes

Just sent a message to check in with Linsoul, since arriving in LA on Dec 6th there have been zero updates. I know itā€™s Christmas season, but still. I am wondering if thereā€™s a separate tracking number they may be able to find/share for the stateside leg.

Iā€™ve been messing with the EQ and so far Iā€™m happy with thisā€¦ (using my Shanling UA1 Pro)

Equalizer APO

Preamp: -5.7 dB
Filter: ON LSC Fc 100 Hz Gain 3.5 dB Q 1
Filter: ON LSC Fc 200 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 700 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 2300 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON HSC Fc 2800 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 0.71
Filter: ON PK Fc 5300 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 0.8
Filter: ON PK Fc 8100 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 11000 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 2

I hope someone else wants to try it. Just let me know if you like it.

Iā€™m waiting for the spinfits cp100 and the xinhs 4 core graphene cable to arrive. Iā€™ll try those and then finish my full impressions.

1 Like

Itā€™s good.

Weird looking bass EQ tho, unless I did something wrong.

1 Like

Thanks, the idea behind that weird bass shelf was that I wanted to reduce mid bass while maintaining sub bass presence wich Timeless reproduces very nice. I feel like without that sub bass elevation the Timeless lose some of his soul :sweat_smile:

Do you like it?

1 Like

Oh yes I do.

I intepreted that correctly then.

Itā€™s nice balance and you also tamed the sibilance it seems.

1 Like

You also made me realize I overlooked the obvious.

Just running a sine sweep and reducing frequencies that are way too loud to sound linear. In my case 2000 and 7500, I assume that spike is ear canal resonance which is at 8k because thatā€™s how crin does measurements for the sake of consistentcy as I understand. But for me, 8100 wasnā€™t loud, it was 7500 or there about. So thanks for opening my eyes lol.

2 Likes

Thank you! Nice to hear that you liked it.

Pls, keep in mind that Iā€™m a newbie in this hobby and I just EQ looking at graphs and using my ear (some things in that EQ could be better for sure). I made like 3 or 4 presets and I was A/B testing all (no EQ too) and I ended with that.

And yes, as you can see, I tried to go the Harman 2019 iem route (I know that not everyone likes it). Just with ā€œmore midsā€, less mid bass, keeping an elevated sub bass and trying to reduce that sibilance while keeping some ā€œairā€.

Iā€™ll try to EQ with less ā€œagressiveā€ curves and see if it goes better, but so far Iā€™m happy with that.

The good thing about the Timeless is that you can EQ it and it keeps all under control, with that great extension (both ends) and great resolution.

As I said before, itā€™s not a perfect iem, but if I had to buy it again I would do it without any doubt.

2 Likes

This is basically perfect for my ears now. Yours is still good btw.

And then you just move the 7k dip around wherever your ear resonance is and adjust the low shelf for more or less bass (i personally like -5dB) and last high shelf to balance sibilance vs air.

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks.

Iā€™ll try yours tonight. :beers:

8 core cable just got here!

9 Likes

Picked up my timeless at the post office today.
MY first encounter with a 4.4 connector, wasnt immediately obvious to me that you dont push it inā€¦ you ram it in real good. got worried here for a minute heh.

First impressions are great, cant wait for the 4.4 extention I ordered from Xinhs so I can start use them properly as the cable is too short really for my desk setup, but I can atleast listen to them a bit even if its a bit akward atm.

Im absolutely enjoying them and I cant wait to sit and listen to them A LOT this weekend.

3 Likes

I do a similar, just tamer version of that.

I tend to pull down right at 8k, but only around 2 db.
I currently either leave the rest alone
OR for some music
ā€¦ go down by 1 db at 166Hz, and then up by 1 db 83Hz, and 2 db at 42Hz

Timeless play this tune good and puts a smile on my face. Brings back the NFS: Underground 2 memories. Best of NFS so far. great times, simpler times.

4 Likes

How changed the sound this graphen cable ?

This set just keeps on entertainingā€¦Timeless + Hybrid tubesā€¦

3 Likes

This happened to me where the grill (filter) was rattling and had broken in one part. I used tweezers to remove it and replaced with one of the additional grills included in the box. Placing it in the nozzle and using the back of the tweezers to gently apply pressure around the edges to make it flush worked for me.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I was hearing overheated by billie eilish on foobar2k feed to fiio btk3k balanced out to stock 7hz. And a noticed a shaky sound, sort of rattling, from the left driver. Thats really weird and i cant reproduce it again after many trials. Is this some sort of burn in ? :rofl: