šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Do you guys think the Timeless can be reshelled without affecting the sound too much? The driver unit seems pretty independent of the housing.

1 Like

I would imagine that the shape of the interior matters a lot for tuning, but I donā€™t know how much the materials do. I am guessing someone here does.

2 Likes

Zeos finally reviews the Timeless ( in planar roundup ) and is suitably impressed.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing this morning when I realized I had not yet listened to this album on them. WOW

2 Likes

Ordered a bunch of Tennmak Whirlwind tips and a SpinFit CP100 tip to compare them on my Timeless.

1 Like

Some tunes to enjoy on the Timeless

1 Like

BIG BANK YG BIG BANK - Google Search

I had a driver rattle around 60hz (like 40-70 or sth) on my Sennheiser HD560S which I wasnā€™t sure was part of music (because some music pulls cheeky shit like that) and then months later after actually testing it properly I realized itā€™s a defect and sent it back.

2 Likes

Alrighty,

So this is a nail in the coffin for me and I just want confirmation before I get rid of it.

Thereā€™s a massive spike at what appears to be 6.5k. I have two songs (really the whole album) that showcases this in an excellent way.

So, Iā€™d like you guys to listen to these two, (the part that is iffy in ā€˜Citizenā€™ is at 0:45 and 0:51 very pronounced sharp ā€œshā€ sound and hear how many of you have this so I know if itā€™s on all units.

Fix? EQ 6500Hz down 10dB with Q7 and if you use an EQ which raises the upper mids add to that even more.

For contrast, ER2SE with (5db to be precise) or without EQ doesnā€™t even come close, neither does HD560S and Starfield is also a little sharp but needs like -3db.

So please, do me a favor,

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like

I donā€™t find a problem in the first video.

What are timestamps in the second video?

I am in general rather resistent to treble spikesā€¦ also be aware that this isnā€™t just about the IEM but also your ear canal. So everyone will have different results even with the same IEM.

2 Likes

Neither of the spots you mentioned were issues for me on my Timeless, and I made a point of making sure I had no EQ first. I listened to those sections a few times and was not picking it up. The cymbals were pretty hot in that same time range just short of the 1 minute mark on the first track.

The thing you did do, was manage to convince that the people who did the sound engineering should not be allowed to do that again, mostly due to lack of human empathy. The second track has a high pitched tone around the 1:10 mark and it continues for a while. I bothered to look up the sound engineer, Brian Robbins. I was relieved to discover that he is now chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures and will likely never be in a mixing booth again.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that. Hence why Iā€™m trying to see if itā€™s me, my set or the song.

I will admit itā€™s not that bad without EQ but itā€™s really bad even with a mild teble boost.

@John_W_Clark so are you saying itā€™s the music and not my set or my ears? That was my previous stance.

But. ER2SE and HD560S donā€™t have this problem, could it be this song + my ear canal?

ER2SE goes really deep and 560S isnā€™t an IEM so their sound ocmes to my eardrum differently.

So, whatā€™s the middle ground. Do you know of any well recorded, well mastered songs that I can use to test this?

1 Like

I thought maybe you were being a bit harsh but then I listened and it sounded like tinnitus. LOL. I donā€™t know what they were thinking thereā€¦

2 Likes

I just noticed I have a 4db cut at 6500hz in poweramp, probably inspired by this guy

But listening without EQ those timestamps donā€™t sound terrible to me.

3 Likes

My default EQ on the Timeless is to pull the 8k down 2db, which was why I made made a point of turning it off. I didnā€™t want it to interfere with that 6.5k spot.

I wouldnā€™t expect a correctly tuned Timeless to give many problems at 6.5k, but I know some people are sensitive in that range.

I want to say they are messed up, but maybe my middle aged ears arenā€™t hearing the sibilance. That seems unlikely, since I can still hear that tone, which I am guessing is around 12k.

LOL, yeah I was not sure if I was communicating that well. It was more like horror and shock that anyone did that on purpose. I was half expecting it to be some protege of Christopher Nolan. I love the concepts for his films, but his sound is so awful they are almost unwatchable.

1 Like

Iā€™m really digging this look ( Senlee 8 Core MMCX cable)

8 Likes

What cable is that?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B087C6WYK2

3 Likes

From headphonesty: Review: 7Hz Timeless ā€“ an Accomplishment - Headphonesty

Thatā€™s some stage channel imbalanceā€¦

1 Like

Has anyone swapped cables and got a definite sound improvement?
If so, which cable, and what sound improvement?