đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

I’ve got a Little Dot II which is full tube but after reading Rez’s initial thoughts on the Timeless I thought all the things that it wasn’t so good at 
Timbre, Warmth, Stage etc could be helped with tubes :man_shrugging:

Reckon that’s not glass that’s Ice, just needs a bit of warm tube loving :grin:

2 Likes

If works wonders, I might grab 602 in the future :slight_smile:

Good thinking

The xduoo has lots of tech. I am impressed I will read about it more. Lol I didn’t know it has 2 volume knobs :upside_down_face::no_mouth::roll_eyes:

I hope it sounds really good, please share your thoughts once you receive it.

1 Like

Yeah because its the balanced one. That’s a reason im looking at 602 for 100 bucks. More than enough for me

2 Likes

Interesting!

It’s packed with features😍

I won’t clog up this thread anymore but here’s Z’s review :+1:

4 Likes

Yes. I have measured. Perhaps we are comparing against different IEMs. The 3DT is shorter than the Monarch, B2, and Anole VX in measurement. Remember, the 3DT doesn’t have as big a divet so it actually presses against your ear earlier than those other IEMs I mentioned. At any rate this is getting off-topic, lol

Physically speaking, the Starfields are much heavier, or at least feel heavier. They also seem to have more contouring.
The mesh on the nozzle is metal, abs if I recall, a couple replacements are provided. On the Timeless, it’s a metal stamped plate with a bit of adhesive and a tiny piece of acoustic foam behind it(try not to lose). There are also a couple more vent holes on the Timeless, along with the seam being much less obvious.

The nozzle angle is much different. Along with the fact that there no lip on the Starfields to help retain the tip so it doesn’t just slide off.

Thanks to the weight and the cut out where that front lobe is on your ear, the Timeless is more comfortable. The Starfields do confirm nicely thanks to their shape, but their weight (when worn simultaneously) is noticeable.

The Timeless does have a wider soundstage and is a bit more airy, with much crisper highs. I notice bass a bit more on the Starfields, but it’s not the nice clean bass the Timeless have. Just a deeper impact.
I’ve been consistent about why I like using Nishio 2. It uses bells that can come across as very sharp, which they do on the Starfields. Not “fuck that hurts!” Levels, more “That’s not what I’d call pleasant”. Not the case with the Timeless.
Both responded well to the TA-10, being softened with the bass being nicely warmed.
There’s definitely better resolution and separation on the Timeless. The guitar in The Thing That’s Killing Me is absolutely better on the Timeless as it can keep up much better.
Song I’m using are:
Angels Fall - Breaking Benjamin (24bit 96k Flac)
Can’t Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley (24bit 96k Flac)
DDOS - Ghost Data (24bit 44.1k Flac)
The Thing That’s Killing Me - Trivium (24bit 48k Flac)
Bubble Tea - Zamir & Mark Indigo (24bit 48k Flac)
Sunny - Potsu (24bit 44.1k Flac)
You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring (16bit 44.1k Flac)
Nishio 2 - Lemaitre (16bit 44.1k Flac)
My Way - Frank Sinatra (16bit 44.1k Flac)
Mostly done single ended on the ifi Zen DAC v1, power match and truebass turned off, and xDuoo TA-10 using the ZEN as a dac. I used the translucent tips with the yellow sleeve that came with the Timeless on both.

12 Likes

This could be my endgame since i dont wanna spend more then 200 bucks. Resolution should be way above the price range of the timeless.

3 Likes

Oh, it is. Timeless possesses end-game quality resolution.

10 Likes

Sounds like I’m going to get myself an xmas present on 11.11.

Hello, I am nee here and am new to the world of IEMs.

I decided to take the plunge an get the Timeless as I was considering getting a set of Planars, namely the P1. But these intrigued me. Mine came on Saturday and I am getting use to the sound. Though I do hope the treble tones down. My question is, is there any advice on tips?

1 Like

Hello and welcome to hfgf :slight_smile:

Treble might get more torelable as “brain burn-in” kicks in.

There’s some tips that tame help taming treble peaks, like Final Audio E. They also boost bass frequencies, generally. They are great tips to have in a collection.

Elecom ehp-cap20 does the same, but boosts more the mid range.

Great list to follow by @Rikudou_Goku :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/htmlview#

1 Like

Thanks.

I forgot to mention I am powering these through the ifi Diablo.

2 Likes

how come you’re ordering from amazon instead of somewhere like hifigo? they dodge vat + you’d still be dealing with linsoul customer support if you decide to return anything through amazon (at least i had to)

Because Amazon has a HiFiGo Store. It’s how I ordered mine. Just like how they have a Linsoul store.

a.) it’s u.k based, and £30 more than on hifigo hence why i mentioned vat, because it’s £30 more probably because of vat
b.) it’s linsoul he ordered from based on the price
c.) hifigo doesn’t have an amazon u.k store afaik, i checked but if you can link it to me that’d be nice ty xoxo

Can’t speak to UK, but US site, yeah. It’s the same price for the same thing.

Quite frankly, what position makes you feel the need to question where people do their business and how they spend their money? If he wants to buy from Linsoul, let him. If he wants to buy off Amazon, let him.

i’m just?? asking?? chill out, maybe he has a reason maybe he doesn’t why’re you so insanely hostile to me for no reason, also this website literally just had an entire phase of shitting on moondrop for their dumb weird sex post so i think most people are fine with questioning where you do business

1 Like

Thanks for this. I love my starfields but they’re definitely not the most comfortable, probably the least out of all the ones I own tbh, even though they’re still my current favorite. I get the blessing 2 Dusk soon. I have the mele, Kato, and now timeless ordered. Jeez my wallet is feeling the hurt but I plan on selling the ones I don’t like as soon as I can. I want to get the mangird tea as well then keep what I like most out of everything I try.

1 Like