🔶 7HZ Timeless Planar

What is hps ?

headphones.

1 Like

Does anyone know where to purchase, or if it’s possible to purchase the largest of the provided white (or black from what I’ve seen) cylindrical silicone tips? My freakish ear canals seem to be most compatible with these tips, and they work like a dream on my LZ A7 and XENNS UP sound-wise. (Oddly enough, not that great for the Timeless itself :thinking: )

1 Like

@comfylife If you’re in the UK? I’m happy to send you FOC my Timeless tips all totally unused and still in their plastic bags :+1:

5 Likes

Put some Symbio W tips on your Timeless if you can get them. The treble gets much less sharper. My Timeless now sound like studio monitors. If you’re interested in super flat sound, try it.

2 Likes

Quite a bass killer in my experience, which some may be looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for the offer, but I’m in the US, unfortunately :pensive: .

1 Like

Like John says the Timeless has plenty of energy in the treble (perceptually) without being harsh. The KZ ZS10 Pro is much harsher in the treble, IMO, and other KZs are even harsher still. Timeless comes across as quite bright but really not at all harsh. Similar to my experience with Hifiman (Ananda, Edition XS) which are also bright without being harsh. I think you’d like it.

4 Likes

So after jumping from EQ’d Starfield to EQ’d Timeless (it’s evident without EQ as well) Timeless is indeed quite a step up in terms of detail retrieval and separation.

Starfield even with EQ still sounds congested (it’s not bad btw but Timeless is so easy to listen to regardless what I throw at it). Not to see how it fares against EQ’d ER2SE.

So against ER2SE I’d say it’s very close detail retrieval wise but it just sounds so much cleaner.

That’s the issue both Starfield and ER2SE have but latter less so, that is if a song is very busy like this one (drums, guitars, false chord screaming vocals, synths in the background), it’s like if you have ripples of water crashing into each other creating distortion and Timeless does some black magic shit where ripples exist in cohesion without interrupting each other :).

Interesting.

3 Likes

Holy Shit, WTF is this set!?!? Forget burn-in or whatever, first 4 or 5 songs in and I highly doubt this set is going away anytime soon. If this is what planar bass is like, I may have a harder time resisting audio buys next year.

10 Likes

True story

1 Like

I’d say for you to forget about the bass button and get something else. You can always PEQ

2 Likes

I think the Timeless needs a bassy warm source. Can you recommend some portable ones ?

My favourite is XD-05 bal. It’s still clean but not as neutral as topping, for example.

Qudelix 5K can be as bassy and warm as you want it to be. Or not, if that’s your preference.

4 Likes

I don’t use bt but thanks. I ordered this for the 7hz Hopeless , maybe the 4Vrms helps

The Qudelix 5K is a USB DAC as well. You don’t need to use the BT on it. The built-in PEQ also works on wired DAC mode.

4 Likes

And it has autoEQ built in! :slight_smile:

I use the Ifi Hip DAC and find that everything I like about the Timeless just gets better. I think planars just like more oomph, the TinHifi P1 being a prime example. I run mine on high gain, no XBass and it just sings. Even better on my desktop set-up via the XDuoo MT-604, then it’s glorious!!!

1 Like

Anyone having them on a Chord Mojo?