šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Is it true that there have been several different batches of this iem?
Not that they changed something that was faulty but that they changed the sound. Or so I have read on some sites.

No. Sony N3 is not good in crispy detail nor resolution. N3 is good at natural timbre. Even FiiO FH3 has better detail/ technicalities. I own both. End up selling FH3. Take note N3 is more expensive

1 Like

Are there any IEMs with similar good timbre as the N3? I had them a while back but didnā€™t encounter any iems that have such a nice FR and timbre

I have heard that, and I know the filters and some of the ear tips changed between runs, but I am guessing that was more about supply issues, but I donā€™t think the sound really changed. They had some QC issues for a bit, but seemed to handle that well.

My Timeless has this thing where it makes a ā€œcrackā€ sound whenever a song starts/ends. Does it happens with you guysā€™ unit?

on just one song or any song?
if itā€™s any song try using a different source and see if it still happens

To no oneā€™s surprise heā€™s done it again

4 Likes

Iā€™m a little bit sadā€¦

After 7 months with the Timeless I started to notice a channel imbalance. Iā€™m not quite sure if this started a couple of weeks ago or my set had this from the beginning. My guess is that it probably had this a long time ago, but with time it got worse or/and my ears got more refined and I can pick up this much more.

I donā€™t have a measurement rig, but as far I can percive, the left side has a probably like 2 or 3db more of sub bass and 1 or 2db more of upper mids than the right side. An easy fix (not good nevertheless) is to compensate to the right side in Power Amp (Android) just a little bit, it is far from perfect but it helps somehow.

If Iā€™m just listening to music in a casual mood or medium to low level volume it goes unnoticed. But since Iā€™m using my Timeless more and more, because quite frankly I love it when I listen to DnB (I tend to listen at medium to high volume when I want to go hard pumping :headphones: :loud_sound:), it is quite hard for me to not be annoyed with thisā€¦

And Iā€™ll add a last thing wich it may or not be bad for some. As some people say, treble may get fatiguing after some time. In my case it is not really a problem because my listening sessions never goes beyond 2hsā€¦ but I donā€™t know if this is a good set for treble sensitive people or someone who is going to listen for more than 2 or 3hs.

Iā€™ll add this in my comment ā€œreviewā€ I did like a month ago because I think people has to be aware of this.
This is hard for me, because Iā€™m someone who tries to be always fair, and I really like this iem. The problem is that is hard to recommend this set if 7hz donā€™t rise the QC barā€¦ I know that for many this is a ā€œcheapā€ set compared to the top tier iems out there, but for me it was a lot of money (I live in Argentina and import taxes and shipping are quite high here, I ended up paying like 310usd for the Timeless)

I do hope that 7hz listen to all the people who had QC problems and rise their game. Now that Dioko is about to be releasedā€¦ be aware.

Iā€™ll still daily use my Timeless and try to fix it with EQ by ear (not the best way I know)

Have a good week you all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Join me in using tissues to adjust channel imbalance

(old pic)

(note you want a thin layer in the softer side since it changes timbre slightly but noticeably)
It really solved the imbalance almost completely. My set went from impossible to enjoy properly to having a center channel that makes me forget the problem exists. I did check when changing out the tissues and the imbalance is still there as always.
Also insertion depth and angle can affect channel balance

2 Likes

editā€¦ no quote

Thanks. Can you please picture wich kind off tissue are you using?

From the photo it looks like both side has itā€¦ Am I wrong???

Just pinch a corner off a sheet of tissue and place it in the hole. Youā€™ll have to experiment how much to use yourself

1 Like

Comparison between Timeless and Dioko starts from around 8:00.

3 Likes

Danā€™s comparison is up

2 Likes

Today got my Dioko.

Any burn-in needed from your experience?

I find the mid-bass tampering with the Dioko to be a bad choice after some listening.
Still good IEM but it sounds a little like a boring Timeless version.

Update: To be fair, it actually gets better after burn-in

1 Like

The Penon thread somehow became what might as well be the cable-believers thread, donā€™t worry about it. Half my updates from it are for cables, huge let down when Iā€™m expecting a genuinely interesting update. Source/needing power are one thing, the cable will not change the Volt. My opinion at least.

If an IEM is very expensive and needs a lot of power I have to pass on it because I canā€™t afford a special source and a top range IEM.

1 Like

My Dioko came with only one filter installed. I ordered a replacement filter set and while I was waiting for it to arrive, I decided to slap Oxygen filters on them.
It actually sounds very good. So far I do not have direct comparison with the default tuning, but with the O2 filters, they sound very good imo (though a bit sibilant on female vocals).
I might tinker with them some more until the replacement filters arrive :slight_smile:

Is there no dedicated Dioko thread?

I (long time Timeless owner and enjoyer) got the chance to listen the Dioko. Didnā€™t listen much so far, but my impression up to this point is, that it has roughly the same planar magic and resolution as the Timeless, but sadly the low end (which I considered the weak point of Timeless already) is much worse. There is very little sense of bass presence and it is sounding very thin.

On one hand you get a lot of what makes the Timeless great for half the price. I think it is the best resolution-to-price ratio you can get. But at the same time I canā€™t get behind the bass anemic tuning. Canā€™t really recommend anyone to get it or to not get it.

If you are looking for a bright, detailed set and dislike bass for some reason this might be it, I guess.

2 Likes

I may be that person you are talking about lol.

I like the presence of the low end on the Dioko (as you can see below in reference to my personal preference). Also, if you donā€™t like the bass tuning of the Dioko, you might want to avoid the Zeroā€¦

2 Likes