šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

I think the lacking bass is not just the tuning, but also the planar driver. For example I like the bass response (and overall tuning) of the Chu much better than on the Dioko, despite there beeing less bass according to the graph:

You said it all that cable shilling talk should move to the cable thread ( Mods need to moderate ) RBW you should honestly try a $200 Xduoo 2w tube amp i know its not portable but wow did it sure change how much I enjoy the EJ07M when chilling at home.

Thats why we have multiple sets IMO and my justification for buying more sets!

3 Likes

Yeah, planar bass can be an acquired taste. I have the same issue with BA bass, I just find it thin sounding no matter how much there is (and I am not someone who likes overly present bass).

1 Like

Ex800st, lx cure any bass problems

I chanced on an aliexpress listing for timeless tips which includes the fabled cylinder style tips that some people love

1 Like

As I said in the nymz thread, I already have the oh10, the Olina and the Timeless. Iā€™ve managed to fix it and temporarily it looks like itā€™s going to work for me.

I will update the corresponding iem thread.

OH10 VS TIMELESS

Itā€™s still very early days. The Timeless has a very realistic texture but not as addictive on first listen. The OH10 is more immersive, enveloping and has more dynamics.
I feel the bass is getting louder and louder in the Oh10. As if the driver is waking up.
Iā€™ll keep testing, itā€™s still early days. Tests with EDM (Oliver Heldens, Sofi Tukerā€¦) indie pop from my country, Michael Jackson will not be missing, Bruno Mars and a lot of ambient and classical music (usually my favourite genres).

EDIT: First preview.
The Olina doesnā€™t play here, but it seems that my opinion is the same as the first time I bought it. If I amplify with more than 200mw, the Timeless sounds to me with more stage, resolution and bass than the Olina. Both have a very realistic timbre. A slightly more realistic or less realistic timbre depends on the mod you use on the Olina, tips, dac used and volume (at least for me).
Without amplification the latter will sound natural, organic, with good texture and great soundstage and the Timeless with somewhat fuzzy image, without so much dynamics in the sound but maintains a very realistic tonality. That on the one hand.

Regarding the OH10, which is the reason for this comment-comparison I want to makeā€¦ This headphone sounds too good to me. It doesnā€™t sound like a dynamic driver. At first it gives me a tonality more similar to a planar. The BSOā€™s are great. I listened to the Interstellar playlist for the 2nd time on the same day. A playlist that I must have listened to hundreds of times and that, with most of the headphones on, Iā€™m too lazy to listen to it again. Even with EDXS I feel lazy.

Iā€™ll give more details.
OH10 boils down to: sub bass present (more than Timeless), bass (more and better than Timeless), Tea mk1 style mids and treble so far with a texture I havenā€™t heard before. I perceive the separation between layers better than with Timeless amplified.

4 Likes

The Timeless has been one of my favorite IEMs ever since I got it delivered about a year ago, but let me say this:

I think the Zetian Wu is the better sounding IEM

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been eyeing thatā€¦ maybe for 11/11 sales, Timeless still has a spot in my desk setup case even having had a 6 times the price IEM lolā€¦ now waiting for a traded IE900

2 Likes

I wonā€™t buy it, because I have the timeless here, which I still like and I donā€™t need another set, but if I suddenly would loose all of my IEMs, this one would be the one to get for me on the 100-300 price range.

1 Like

Does that mean you tried it?
Did you do write a feedback on it somewhere, by any chance?

1 Like

Yep, I got it as a loaner. I didnā€™t really describe it anywhere yet, but to summarize my opinion/experience:

• it has the same planar greatness that makes the timeless so great imho
  • the low end is done better overall: itā€™s more balanced and thanks to that it feels a bit more impressive as the timelessā€™ bass. However since the bass stretches over a wider frequency range, it feels not as tight and dry as the timelessā€™ base
  • the treble is less spicy
  • overall the tuning is better balanced
  • stage is a bit improved

I wouldnā€™t say it is leagues better than the timeless and if you didnā€™t like the timeless, I wouldnā€™t bet my money that you will like the Zetian Wu, but I think it is a step forward in the right direction. The cheaper price makes it even better.

To me the timeless is a bit more comfortable though and visually the Zetian Wu isnā€™t really my thing.

6 Likes

Thats pretty much my thoughts on the Ze Tian Wu.
Only (very minor) complaint i have is that because there is more sub bass they could afford to reduce the mid bass by a few db because the combination of sub and midd bass can get a bit much on some tracks and reduces the overall bass resolution compared to the Timeless but otherwise the tuning is spot on.
I find the stage is also much more airy as well.

4 Likes

Timeless AE is coming with 4dB sub-bass boost!

4 Likes

Damn man, with all this talk about the Timeless AE coming out, I decided to pull the olā€™ boy out for the first time in a few months. What a fantastic piece of kit.

It may not be the cheapest, the newest, the best tunedā€¦ whatever. Itā€™s the one that started this whole planar hype thing. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever be able to sell it without shedding a tear or two.

4 Likes

Yup gotta admit it was the only IEM I had buyers remorse.

Yup, mine is my daily driver for IEM, use in my commute to work and sometime at home while walking around the house doing chores. Itā€™s a fantastic thing, and with a discount using the Linsoul cards it was even more worth it. :grin:

1 Like

Well, I think my Timless hit the bust. The left connector became loose and I was hopping the problem was fixable. Got the cable out and this is what I find (with the right side for comparison).

Contacted Linsoul to see if they can help with anything, but I will say may hopes are low. :cry:

3 Likes

Damn, so sorry to see this, brother. Luckily the used market is on your side, prices seem to be around $120 for a pair. Best of luck with linsoul!

4 Likes

Thanks! I did pay $100 for them thanks to Linsould cards on 11.11 in 2021. Iā€™m not in the US though so the used market may not be a good option.

I will probably get a spare pair like the Cadenza or something below $50 to use in my day-to-day before I consider a more expensive set. Still, I really liked the Timeless, so if I can get it working again without spending a fortune, Iā€™m interested.

2 Likes

depending how long youā€™ve had them they should offer a replacement