🔶 7HZ Timeless Planar

You can get a replacement pair of mmcx connectors on aliexpress for like two dollars.

Never give up :muscle:

1 Like

I haven’t done this with the Timeless, but I had a similar failure where the mmcx connector separated and pushed in and if you’re willing to crack the faceplate off you can replace the mmcx jack or if the original is just separated into parts and not broken you can secure it back together with epoxy or locktite applied with a toothpick. It’s not a very difficult repair at all and I could probably walk you through it if you’re willing to send pics once you crack it open so I can see what needs to be done.

1 Like

Wow everyone, thanks a lot for all the tips! I’ll say, I’m a little scared of opening a planar but we’ll, if they don’t work, I don’t have much to lose.
@CTOXmas they returned the email saying the one year warranty period was over, unfortunately.
@JAnonymous5150 and @blanche thanks for the tips. I had a look at a microscope today in work and the metal itself seems bent, but don’t know if it’s broken or not. I figure I will order the replacement jack and then try opening it. Will keep you guys updated on this.

4 Likes

My inbox is always open or you can just tag me on a post if you have any questions. Good luck and Godspeed!

J/k on the godspeed part. You’ll do just fine!

1 Like

Little update: I did some evaluation in my work microscope and located the copper in the connector. I pried it open with a fine plier and it works, at least for now. The cable however didn’t work so I ordered a new one.

In any case, I did follow your advice @JAnonymous5150, and bought an mmcx jack just in case. If anything goes wrong I’ll be ready.

1 Like

News flash, the Timeless sounds great.

Particularly on Chord’s Mojo and Mojo 2. I’m moving house and all my speakers and cans are packed up. Still got my Timeless and Mojo 2 on my desk though and I am constantly surprised at how good this combo sounds. I usually listen with speakers while I work but I am really enjoying my time back with this IEM this week. Little bit of crossfade works a treat too.

4 Likes

Do you have crackling sound like hissing sound at high volume levels. Is it something related to stock cable or is it a iem problem? Can you please tell?

Hiw is the timeless with the qudelix 5k

both

left

right

attempted to manually fix the channel imbalance on my set (from 1k to 15k) and tune to DF -0.8 tilt while I’m at it using a sound measurement app
using Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency
and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.nokubi.nobapp.soundanalyzer.free

finally noticed how ridiculous the 3-3.5k imbalance was and also a huge 10k spike too. its really lumpy since its just manually playing with sliders until db values are similar enough in the app

first time I heard such channel balance on my set its like a whole different iem
disappointingly since this is my everything audio solution in still gonna have imbalanced non-DF audio when i listen on my phone

1 Like