đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

I use the iBasso DX160. Powers everything I own just fine (Timeless on order). A little laggy sometimes, but the 4.4mm balanced output puts out some good power and it has a nice clean and open sound to it.

Any idea how it compares to the Cayin N3 Pro? I’ll admit, I am a bit of a tube person. I like a good clean sound, but I do love me some tuby goodness

Would you guys think that removing the original grill and black tissue behind, replacing with other grill type with no tissue behind would improve in any way?
I did it in the past for ISN H40 and Tri i3, and it increase treble extension and crispyness, since these were sort of dark IEM.
Thanks

M’y Guess: the tissue part is for taming the treble. Depending on what you want, it could be a good thing or kill your eardrums

I would certainly not be the one who test that kind of fiddling, especially at this price range.

2 Likes

No harm in trying at sensible volume levels. As far as I’m aware they supply replacement grilles anyway?

It would be interesting if someone could graph the before & after.

Excuse my inexperience but would removing the foam (obstructions) affect imaging in any way? Or is this more to do with controlling the drivers with more accuracy to improve dynamic range?

Any concensus on whether a desktop dac/amp (more current) would be a better pairing with the Timeless compared to a dongle like the L&P W2?

I know they’re easy to drive to achieve listenable volumes but do they require more than 250mW to drive them well and with conviction?

2 Likes

I honestly doubt it. They have all the marks of being fully utilized on my Qudelix balanced. If they get better than they are, well, that’s just completely ridiculous.

4 Likes

Agreed
what’s the point of releasing a ‘portable’ transducer that needs a pair of Krell mono blocks to power it :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Tin Hifi P1
tenor (3)

3 Likes

Does anyone else feel silly pairing a cable with an IEM that costs less than the cable?

Due to dumb luck, I have a Dunu Blanche. And it’s my favorite cable for functional reasons. The duw-02 is a close second but only because the Blanche feels more premium.

Either way, it looks and works wonderfully on the timeless.

1 Like

Just adding to my own comment.

I was listening to Letter by Yosi Horikawa and my ears were starting to feel a touch of irritation from IEM usage (not uncommon for me). So I switched to my hp-2.

The presentation in imaging is so different, for a moment I thought there was something wrong on my hp-2. It took a few adjustments and a minute for my brain to adjust.

While the lack of imaging does not bother me on the Timeless, it is an interesting transition. It also has some benefits. Instead of having defined sources/locations of sound, everything is almost everywhere. It’s an odd feeling initially. And it does have some strengths. It can come across more “full”. It’s more like the sound is coming from everywhere all at once. Honestly, it may be a bit more like standing in a room with hidden speakers. Or possibly using crossfeed to make it almost mono (which the qudelix can do).

Another update: brain is adapting quickly to the “screechy”. I enjoyed a large part of S&M this morning without issue.

The Zen may be on the chopping block so I can put its value toward a mest or ie900. :wink:

6 Likes

@Resolution have you heard Dunu DK4001? Does it play prog metal as well as UM 3DT? I just see a second-hand pair’s selling in my country, bout 300$, is it worth?

300 usd?!

Graph doesnt look that good to me though, but that is one heck of a deal

Yeah but it does not go with the cable which is about 400$ alone :smiley:

Sorry no. I have looked into it in the past though. I prefer more bass than how it graphs so I passed.

1 Like

overpriced cable lol. But other than the fact it is a good price (over half the price off), not sure if its good actually

I remember Crinacle and a lot of other people saying the DK-3001 pro was the better one.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes the Timeless is there as well as the tea .O2 is there as top 1dd iem . A Sony think it was NP3 . I do not pay attention to Sony models and the Lohaki to round it out.

Its the XBA-N3. Its an epic set. Sony is legendary.

1 Like

Thanks for the help you can tell I probably do not pay enough attention to Sony