šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

For all you Timeless EQ fans, Iā€™ve been working on an EQ curve that literally transforms your Timeless into a MEST since so many of you seem so interested in that. Iā€™ve been going back and forth between both sets and canā€™t distinguish any differences between them now!

Youā€™re welcomeā€¦

Warning, might and probably will kill dogsā€¦

7 Likes

So you think I am deliberately being untruthful when I say I hear a definitive difference with a whopping 15dB boost in the air frequencies?

I meanā€¦ Whatā€™s your problem?

1 Like

What the hellā€¦image

1 Like

Donā€™t forget you need to add this to your IEM for better results:

Oh noes worries brah. I twerked a little compensation in the 350,000 hz range and I was able to make some compensation for the MEST MKII bone conduction hardware. No issues. Weā€™re all good! Timeless do it even better than MEST now!

Both of you are on par with @vasix in terms of trolling today

6 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, iā€™ve never done EQ on any IEM before, so im clearly not an EQ fan. Anw, thank for that instruction, im appreciated :smiley:

Oh you gotta do it! YOu never have to buy another IEM! Just play with the lever thingys till it sound good! FUN! :slight_smile:

EQ FTW

3 Likes

Aw hell nawā€¦

Remember that +30db @ 32127hz. Will bring up the air.

Your monitors will be like this airy on your face:

But be carefull. If you increase that @ 32128hz they will:

3 Likes

Actually, i donā€™t believe in EQ. I tried it long time ago on my old Sony Ex1000 but it turned out somehow worse. But like you guys said, Planar do EQ better, iā€™il try :smiley:

1 Like

The timeless is tuned well enough.

2 Likes

You donā€™t need to EQ lol. We are just trolling because people expect Linsoul to deliver a new IEM on their door when they EQ. Enjoy your set when it arrives :slight_smile:

Just donā€™t EQ above 20k hz if you have petsā€¦

3 Likes

Arggg, you guys trolling? I just scroll up and i saw the dog picture :smiley:
@Resolution sorry i didnā€™t mean about Mest MKii, i have Mini Mest and i know Mest family sound great!!! I was about to buy Mest OG but its shells are too big to fit my ears. If i go custom in the future, i will go Mest for sure if they can do smaller shells

Butā€¦ butā€¦ but why not un-tap the untapped tap of moar stuff I can make more, moreer with EQ. Moar = betterer Bestest.

You couldnā€™t tell?

EQ is a cancer on our hobby if not understood properly. Just read my comments earlier in the thread.

1 Like

You can tell when you look at the FR graph bruh.

2 Likes

Haha i was so naive. English is not my mother tongue so sometimes i stuck when you guys do some jokes. Nvm =))

I donā€™t know if EQ is cancer but I did sometimes in the past and realised i cannot fix anything. I have full BAs, hybrid and 1DD iem. Hybrid seemed to be the worst when you EQ so much (i think due to the difference in timbre between 2 type of drivers)

3 Likes

What transducers did you have?

So, um, back on topic!

@darkgod5 I have tried the suggested video, and I see what you are saying about imaging being more precise. But I think there are caveats to that.

The timeless has zero depth. So, while positionally left and right is good, front to back is basically non-existent. Which means distance is a bit funky.

The Zen is only slightly deeper. Front/back is there, but itā€™s not gonna slap you in the face. Itā€™s also wider than the timeless I think.

My only over ear have something that gets a bit closer to a circle. And the imaging is still smooth. So, the overall experience is still that the hp-2 has the best result when the larger soundstage is combined with its imaging capability.

All of these struggled with front to back distance. So when about 15 degrees off center (front or back) or more, the positional accuracy was much more obvious.

I have no idea how any of this compares to other headphones I have had. I have to imagine that the arya toasts all of these. But I didnā€™t care about such things when I had it.

Just my two cents with 3 headphones I have in front of me. Not a generalization.

2 Likes