šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

He is just kidding with you << I am sorryā€¦ I know it isnā€™t my businessā€¦

hug-cuddle

2 Likes

My apologies. EQ misuse and misunderstanding is the problem. I use EQ myself on my over ear headphones to correct for issues with their FR. Iā€™ll let all my previous comments stand about EQ. Iā€™m down on it right now because of this thread and peopleā€™s ideas of how to completely change an IEM into something else and no one wants to listen reason.

If you want a bassy IEM, buy a bassy IEM. Donā€™t expect EQ to turn your IEM into a basshead IEM when it was never meant to be that.

4 Likes

You mean iem? I have had westone4, ex1000, akg n40, dunu sa6, flare pro 2hd, etymotic er4s, jvc fdx1, and mest mini.

I just want to eliminate the fedora cap. I think thatā€™s a ā€œsafeā€ EQ to do as a ā€œcut onlyā€.

Might cut the way upper treble as well a few db if itā€™s adding to the screeching.

My experience with EQ is on most headphones it immediately makes things worse. To the point of feeling like someone put saran wrap over the entire FR. Itā€™s weird.

So, I rarely stick with it. And find itā€™s better to let my brain adjust where possible.

Back to far more useful topics. This explains why all the places I could order from had a longer then normal expected delivery dateā€¦ thanks for sharing @nymz.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are transducers.

And I just realizedā€¦ Youā€™re from Vietnam right? Based on your nickname and profile. Living in same place here :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yeah im based in Vietnam too, are you Vietnamese too?

Yes, but I love talking to people by English, and am a music lover. Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

It is always safer to cut.

Agreed. Youā€™re always compromising the original source with EQ, but it might be worth the downsides if wonky FR can be corrected. You gotta weight the positives vs the minuses.

Why anyone would choose to go out of their way to EQ and IEM? I do not understand.

2 Likes

Alright guysā€¦I went and tried the Timeless. And regarding the Imaging and depth, @Resolution is right. The imaging is pretty bad, it essentially works like how an iem with poor separation/bloated bass would sound likeā€¦except this one certainly doesnt have bloated bass and separation isnt an issue like that. Basically, the instruments doesnt sound very distinct from each other and their accuracy is pretty poor.

Depth on the other hand, is something I will find out more about after I am done with the Falcon Pro, but that also seems to be bad, likeā€¦the blon 03 (mesh mod) might beat it in depth.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Oh boy, now @Resolution wonā€™t shut up broā€¦

You should have told he was wrong for the public shame.

4 Likes

Real talk: by jacking up by that much (15db!) what youā€™re probably hearing is distortion which youā€™re interpreting as ā€œairā€ aka. noise which isnā€™t actually there when listening to higher frequencies in songs. I say this as I doubt youā€™re also pre-gaining at -15db or if so are listening to a low enough volume through your source as to not still induce said distortion.

5 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku ā€¦

5 Likes

I cancelled my order for Timeless. I ordered from DUDO Audio on Ali and before I placed an order, I checked if they have it on stock and they said yes. Within 10mins I placed an order and to this day, it still wasnā€™t shipped.
I received this pic from them today and cancelled an order. Iā€™ll use these funds and save up some more for EJ07M

I guess in the end, it turned out for the better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They did sell my ej. Iā€™d get it from there with a discount :slight_smile:

I know, I told them Iā€™ll come back for EJ07M. :smiley: I just need to save the price you paid for them to try to match it :sweat_smile:

Congrats. Welcome to the family! Mine are on the way.

2 Likes

Anyone interesting in testing for imaging?

Sure, will try later!

Heavy breathing.

Iā€™d wait for your impressions before buying. Just because its one of my end game, your vision can be different and others might appreciate it!

1 Like