đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

I find i really like the tips that came on the Timeless, pretty great for staying in the ear.
Talking about the soft silicone, transparent black dome with red stem.
So did anyone identify what they are? Are they sold separately anywhere, maybe under some other brand name?
Or maybe recommend me something comparable. Are spinfits close to them with stickiness, or are spinfits closer to the 3 pairs silicone ones with white dome and red/white/yellow stems?

If anyone has sedna crystals also curious how those compare, as by just lookin at the pictures, material seems closest to the timeless stock ones i like.

2 Likes

Just noticed the same thing on my phone. Buzzing present when its plugged in for charging. Touching the connector makes it go away. That behaviour points to grounding issue, could be related to power brick or cable used for charging. Unsielded cables can also have some adverse effects, one of the apparent ones is touch behaving eratically on some phones and others dont exibit the problem. I know im using some shitty cable that i had around for charging the phone.
Why does the buzzing come just from the Timeless and not other iems i have, just like in your case, i couldnt say with certainty. Maybe theyre more sensitive to stuff like that due to internal wiring/electornic components(phone touch example). Or maybe a planar thing, but dont have other planar to try and compare.

1 Like

Got my timeless today ! In perfect condition
IMG_20210930_171831|349x500

12 Likes

My hifigo order still hasn’t been shipped. Let’s hope they don’t have production issues.

1 Like

These instantly separated when I took them off. I assumed they were protectors not tips.

The included blue and white tips are both pretty similar to cp100. Not identical though. More like a thicker/thinner copy. Neither are like the cp100 plus which is grippier.

Overall, the tips included are really good. All of them. But so hard to get on it’s ridiculous. I finally found a bit of strategy.

The cp100 plus help deal with the shouty for me. So I am sticking with them.

2 Likes

Largest sizes of tips that came with Timeless as well as largest sizes of cp145, cp100 and cp100 plus.

All of them work for me in various sizes and insertion depths. But I definitely prefer the sound qualities of all spinfits. They seem to tame the treble a bit somehow. Or maybe enhance the bass helping to balance the treble. (they definitely enhance bass on other IEMs)

1 Like

Hope yours comes soon; mine from Hifigo was supposed to ship early last week, and just shipped Tuesday. I think that they’re catching up.

1 Like

Six working days wait time should be the average waiting time they need.

They were pretty hard to remove initially , but i managed removing them without ripping, not without some help from my nails pushing from the bottom. Now theyre easier to take off. Too bad you ruined yours :frowning: , as theyre pretty awesome imo.

Too bad you cant compare with the ones you ripped, as they have the best grip out of the bunch. Id say perfect balance between softness/stickiness without beeing too sticky so theyre lint magnet. At least i have some sort of a picture about the cp100, them being grippier than the rest thats in the box. Thanks

Only thing left is for someone with Sedna Crystals that didnt rip them :slight_smile: to voice oppinion how they compare.

The one side came detached. The other one is solid. There it doesn’t even look like they were attached.

I have the crystals too. :wink:

Similar to the cp100 but a larger bore. Very much like the other sedna earfits (which I also have) and spiral dots but with a grippy material like the cp100 plus.

The xelastec are even more grippy but are also “forming” and that can be good or bad.

I have them all. :wink:

The crystals fit fine on them, but my preferred tip is the UM blue tips that you can now buy separately from their IEMs on the timeless, they are so soft and comfortable with the nice shape of the timeless.

1 Like

I hate that the iPhone doesn’t fix this upside down nonsens. Sorry. Can’t do much about it. Download and rotate locally.

A selection of my tips. :wink:

crystal, xelastec, earfit and earfit light are in the second to back row.

That included red tip is very similar in grip to the grippier ones. (obviously don’t have two and can’t try them out)

1 Like

I have none of those, so youll have to elaborate bit more. By “very similar in grip to the grippier ones” , do you mean xelastec and crystal? Or besides the Azlas, also similar to cp100 in grip?

The red grip included with the timeless is quite a bit grippier than the other tips included with the timeless.

The xelastec is even more grippy than that. The crystal is pretty similar to the red tip and the cp100 plus is just a touch less grippy than the red tip/crystal to me.

The other spinfits are similar grip to the included tips. cp100 plus are “medical grade”. And I like them a lot.

Xelastec are my favorite tips when they fit on the iem. If they slide down the nozzle (Dunu Zen), it’s an issue. But they are easily the most comfortable tips I have ever tried for long term listening. They form to your ear from the warmth, and just don’t get irritating for me (outside of allergy/ear infection issues, which I have tons). BUT, they aren’t quite as sonically nice as the cp100/cp145 or even a double/triple flange (which are like fire in my ears).

The other interesting thing is depending on the IEM’s ability to fit in my ear, all six sizes of xelastec can work for me. Just vary insertion depth. This is true on the B2 Dusk. Haven’t done that much with xelastec on the timeless.

I just switched to a middle size xelastec tip on the timeless and it is working well, but I haven’t had a long session with them. The cp100 was so nice I just stuck with them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, what i needed to know. Now i have the complete picture.

1 Like

Happy to help. I still try different tips. Thinking about trying some different sizes of cp100 plus and cp145 since those are typically sonically my favorite. cp145 “bullet” shape is surprisingly helpful for me. If they ever make a cp145 plus it’s an instabuy for me.

3 Likes

Looking at Crin’s graph, there’s big differences after 1.5khz between voth channels
 Could this account for imaging? Wonder how quickly 7Hz could up their QC or match drivers
 Or whether it’s worth it?

1 Like

Slightly off topic here
 Do you feel that you have to go a size down with Azla? I have Sedna light in ML and i think I need to try M but usually I use size L tips.

I use largest tip sizes by default as I want the IEM mounted as far out of my actual canal as possible for irritation reasons.

If you see above, I can use any xelastec tip size and just vary insertion depth.

With sedna earfit, I only have the largest size.

2 Likes

Wow, and you still get good sub-bass and bass like that? In general, I need the deeper insertion to get good bass. Maybe it’s also related to sealing

1 Like