šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Perhaps what heā€™s getting at is the rather high BA timbre in the Dusk which can come across as abrasive and straining. BAs can sometimes convey vibrancy to a fault imo.

1 Like

Dusk is pretty tame in terms of treble imo. Though it is a matter of preference. It might be recommended to look into the treble-subdued sets like Dunu SA6 or Campfire Audio Andromeda then. Maybe U12T if you have the coin.

These 3 sets have stood out to me in the past for being very safe in their treble tuning.

Yeah. Not shouty though. After hearing something without the ā€œduskinessā€ I donā€™t listen to it anymore. I assumed it was the BA grain but it is my only IEM with BA.

Is BA grain particularly bad on the dusk? Or is this going to happen on the higher end BA as well?

Do you own U12T and sa6?

Whatā€™s your recommendation for iems ?

Dude, I have only heard Dunu Zen, B2 Dusk, Audeze Euclid and Timeless for audiophile IEMs.

I am not qualified to make a general recommendation. I can tell you why I like or dislike those. Want a general recommendation ask @Resolution , @Rikudou_Goku or @nymz

Over ears I have heard a couple dozen and mostly the well loved stuff. I may be able to help with over ears.

If you have questions about the above 4, start a thread or PM me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do have U12T and SA6, and they are still in my possession.

U12T was highly regarded by Precogvision and Crinacle. When I tried it myself, I shortly brought it home without second thought. Sonic performance is perfect if not a little boring. Weā€™re reaching the limit of what BA drivers can do. Deep bass extension + natural sounding highs. Also reaching the limit of my wallet.

The build is questionable for a $2000 iem. The 2 pin and dust filters have begun to fall apart sooner than I expected. The dust filters matter in this case, because the Tia high drivers sit right in the nozzle. It is now awaiting an expensive trip back to the USA for repairs, due to channel imbalance. So even at this price point, youā€™re going to worry about build quality.

The Dunu SA6. Very balanced and fun set. If not bottlenecked by detail retrieval, soundstage and trebleā€™s BA timbre. Perfection at the $500 price range. It may not be a very ā€œreferenceā€ tuning, but there is little you can nitpick when it can play any genre. The warm mids and the bass kick are my favorite part about the SA6.

Another gripe about SA6 is that the stock cable is very microphonic. Something Iā€™d expect them to iron out because theyā€™re a big cable manufacturer as well. Weird that they left this part out.

4 Likes

Great description, thanks! I loved U12T but i dont want to spend 2k. Im looking at either sa6 or rsv :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input, appreciate it!

Any opinion about what comes closest to U12T, without spending the 2k usd price? MEST? Sony M9? Moondrop S8?

You can look into the second hand market for some U12Ts in mint condition.

Probably same ballpark as an RSV.

1 Like

RSV. M9ā€¦Noooooooo!!

1 Like

Donā€™t have MEST or M9. But for Moondrop S8ā€¦ Iā€™d wait a couple months and see if the revised model comes out. It should be in the works. There are some flaws in that iem that Iā€™d liked to see fixed.

The S8 has comfort issues for having gigantic nozzles. Also no venting, so when pushed into the ear canal it pushes my eardrums in, causing discomfort. Foam tips can alleviate the issue, but not entirely solve it.

S8 is dope. Best all BA set on my rankings. Just fit sucks. Love that set.

3 Likes

Is the fit worse than Blessing 2?

About the same. Causes pain after 15 minutes. B2 like angle and fatty. ouch

I guess I will find out how bad it is, when mine arrives end of this month. Just ordered it this morning :smiley: (Blessing)

Ear anatomy is obviously unique so enjoy. :+1:

1 Like

I confirm :clap:

Green Tea & Honey by Dane Amar (Truebass on itā€™s own is fine, but in combination with Power Match is too much. Power Match on itā€™s own is best)
Bubble Tea by Zamir and Marc Indigo (same issue with the settings)
Shiki No Uta by Minmi
On the Move by Zamir and Marc Indigo (no to the Truebass period)
Human by Ragā€™Nā€™Bone Man (Truebass or Power Match. One or the other, but not both)
Full Bodied by Ghost Data
Changes by Charles Bradley (Power Match on itā€™s own. No Truebass. Best setting.)

I wonā€™t deny there are some where itā€™s a wonderful thing:
Jenny by Nothing More
Burning Love by Elvis
Trap Requiem by Tha Trickaz and Apashe (though it requires me turning the volume down to ~9:30)
Nescience by Galdive (Truebass good, but not in conjunction with Power Match)
Pop/Stars by KDA
Bloodlust by Geoxor
Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
Messanger in Flames by Cepheid (Both, or donā€™t bother)
Come Fly with Me by Frank Sinatra (Iā€™d suggest just Truebass and no Power Match)
The Drift by Blackmill
Ī›sŹœį“‡s ļ½žRETURNSļ½ž by Gemie
A Beautiful Song - NieR:Automata Orchestral Arrangement

Overall, Iā€™d suggest tips with a wider bore. Out of the tips Iā€™ve tried, I like the JVC Spiral Dots the best.
I need to order the mediums on the Symbio tips, as the large may actually be too big for my ears.

Funnily enough, people where going off about how the Azla L was sooo big.
If you notice on the Azla, thereā€™s a line that was there from manufacturing. I can feel it when I have them in. They sound a bit cleaner, but that line makes them more uncomfortable.

Yes, I had to actively hunt these down, and see exactly which setting sounds best to me. You may hear it differently then me.

2 Likes

I will check all these out tonight or tomorrow!

I will say that I prefer the cp100/cp145 because of how they enhance the bass and tame the treble a bit. Crystals are a nice mix if you want a wider bore but more xelastec like grip.

Spiral dots and earfits are basically identical to me sonically. Just pick the material you like more.

I canā€™t deal with edges either. Thatā€™s why the cp240 donā€™t work for me. That top flange itches and catches fire.

Are those the crystals or xelastec? (Mine donā€™t seem to have the line, but some other earfits do. )