šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Happy day, my Timeless has arrived. I either got one of the good pairs or my ears are garbage because they sound great to me. I prefer quality over quantity throughout the entire frequency range. These IEMs are giving me the right amount of everything with every detail Iā€™ve ever heard. Timeless are my first planar drivers so I was expecting something to be weird but coming from similarly priced hybrids I feel right at home. I will concede that they donā€™t have a great amount of ā€œslamā€ or a spacious soundstage. They might not make you want to get up and dance. If you want to feast your ears on an all you can hear audio buffet without having to take out a bank loan, this might be your ticket.

10 Likes

If they allow you to hear and enjoy music, your ears are golden!

Sweet photo btw.

3 Likes

Fall Out Boy sounds wonderful on these babies.

Letā€™s see what he says :thinking:ā€¦

9 Likes

Has anyone had problems with channel imbalances? When doing a sweep I can hear that the left iem has more upper-mids/treble in certain freqs (I havenā€™t checked which ones specifically yet). Sounds like the noise pans left and/or has harmonics when the sweep passes through those specific freqs. The right iem sounds dead/flat comparatively. So much to the point that I can hear the difference when listening to music. Especially when sounds (mostly cymbals and instruments that live in the upper mids and treble range) are mixed in stereo. I didnā€™t really notice it when I first got them but the more I listen the more apparent it becomes. I also double checked that it was the iem and not my ear. Switched ears and I could still hear it in my right ear while listening to the iem labelled left.

Should I try and get another pair and take my chances with the QC lottery? Or maybe eq the left one down or the right one up?

Apparently yesā€¦

Mine are the same. I just boosted it to match

Crinā€™s Ranking: A/A***

you heard it here second!

4 Likes

and full 3 stars. :fire:

2 Likes

If you didnā€™t see it ā€¦ @hawaiibadboy
moved 7Hz Timeless ahead of the Mangird Tea

this is his top 10 video from 2 days ago, and I marked the spot

Edit - the crinacle best planar statement confirms the HBB review and ranking,
so I went ahead and ordered a pair today

I had been pondering a pair of Teas, but this is $100 cheaper and I like the planar sound, so it seemed like an easy step.

9 Likes

Wich cable should I buy for the Timeless on 11.11?
$50 Budget.

I donā€™t know if my unit will arrive before 11.11ā€¦ but do you still recommend to buy tips for it even if I didnā€™t try the ones that comes with it? If soā€¦ wich ones?

I would like to have my Timeless with upgraded cable and tips for better comfort, fit and sound if possible.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I use the NiceHCK C8 cable. Kbear 8 core might also be good if you like pure copper. Foam tips work the best for me on my Timeless, so I would order some T2 tips from Aliexpress.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have one, but I am thinking of getting a xinhs 4-core graphene on 11.11
People rave about them.
They are sold on Aliexpress, and the ā€œRecommend IEM Cablesā€ thread is probably 40% xinhs cables.

2 Likes

Those are 30% less right nowā€¦ Should I wait for a better discount?

Many great reviews as far as I can see. I donā€™t know how well will it pair with the Timeless but I donā€™t think is a bad choice at all.

Nice looks tooā€¦

2 Likes

XINHS cables are something elseā€¦ :+1:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLsHryw

Iā€™d say just find one You like the look of and donā€™t worry about the qualityā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! I think Iā€™ll take the same as Jhon said, the 4-core graphene.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re also on my listā€¦ :+1:

The four other cables I have from them are all really, really nice quality and
two of them are some of the cheapest they offer (bought for cheaper sets in the collection)ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

I was thinking that depending on the prices, I might do a round of XINHS cables, one for each connector, since the MMCX of the Timeless will get me to regular sets with all three common types getting listening time.

The KZ ZEX got me thinking about QDC again, and I have a few 2 pin ( Mele, Aria, SSP ).

I have a Tripowin Altea 4 Core Monocrystalline Copper that I like for sound, weight, and looks, but it is very stiff, and pricey at $40 ( Amazon ), so I probably wonā€™t do another.

My go to is the Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated, the grey is $20 ( Amazon ), and they are very flexible, tough, and coil nicely. I have they grey, and the jelly ( silver and gold ) was the Meleā€™s upgraded cable as well ( it meant getting a $30 for $20 ).

2 Likes

4-core graphene is my favorite cable. You canā€™t go wrong. For Timeless iā€™d ask for black hardware tho.

7 Likes

Noob question: does copper and silver sound different? Whatā€™s the benefit of more or less cores?

Iā€™ve also seen some others with different metals and fusionsā€¦ even gold. Is it even better?