šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Editedā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

1 Like

Sounds way bloated compared to the same track on Amazon HD, some weirdness going on there.

Tip: use EQ to reduce 150hz if you want less mid-bass bleed.

Timeless has landed!

A highlight for me so far on these:
Caravan Palace - Melancolia

10 Likes

Sorry to see your having reliability issues again I have been fortunate though my sons Dusk lost a channel I had a McCain ear phone and never changed cable my opinion is 2 pin most reliable I would buy an Iem with either connection but would buy whatever cable I wanted with iem and attach that and pray Glad your having fun gl on your iems Gul

1 Like

I need to read before posting to see if I phone done something strange. Mcx

1 Like

What size foam tips will fit the timeless? Any recommendations?

Medium size foams should always fit. Tin T2 foams fit perfectly.

Gotta say, Iā€™m pleasantly surprised by how small the 3.5 jack is compared to how it looks in the product pictures.
Fit also worked out just fine. I have fairly shallow ear canals and they sit just right.

Just recieved my Comply Foams. So far medium sized Comply Foam T-400 fit on my timeless. They fit really tight, you need a few tries to get them on.

1912 comments is a lot to go through especially when I donā€™t know when they go from speculating and waiting to actually experiencing the iem and forming an opinion.

With that said, how do these compare to Etymotic ER2?

I have Starfield and FH3 and Iā€™m looking for some more resolving with good imaging and Etyā€™s seems like the next logical step while also being between these two price-wise.

Timeless sounds attractive but I donā€™t just want speed and resolution (speaking of, how are they compared to HD560S? I know itā€™s iem vs oe but Iā€™m serious).

Edit: And I just ordered the Timeless. ā€œI wonder what a planar sounds likeā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Imaging is better then starfield. Soundstage similar to Starfield. If you use foam tips on your timeless then you can increase the soundstage a lot and get better imaging then Starfields.

The timeless is usually bought because of its speed, clarity and resolution.

2 Likes

Yeah I like the Dots too but Sonyā€™s EPEX10A have the best balance imhoā€¦the Dotā€™s loose too much bass which the Sonyā€™s manage to maintain while still offering up a nice open treble response :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Which one has thicker and better male vocals between the starfields and timeless?

I cannot really do a direct comparision now. Starfields should be good enough for vocals.

Iā€™m floored by how this track sounds on the Timeless. You can just hear everything even past the heavy bass hits. And those themselves are so textured and clean.

2 Likes

speed goes to timeless resolution is pretty close seems like a slight edge to the 560s

1 Like

4.5mm bore will fit with some force, 5mm is easier to put on.
Tenmak foam ones are cheap and good, $7-8 for 6 pairs and you can choose what size each pair to be. Slow rebound time, shiny surface so they dont get too dirty and will last.
Havent tried comply , but by the looks of the material surface on pics, they look like they get dirty fast.

4 Likes

Using comply foams on my Timeless now. Actually the material seems to be quite resistant against earwax.

3 Likes