A new thing from HAC

@brux how goes making balanced cables for Sennheiser headphones? in my case, the HD599se.

Slow. I can’t find a source for 4 pole locking 2.5mm connectors unfortunately. We can make unbalanced cables for those headphones all day.

It’s frustrating for sure.

1 Like

Thank you Thank you!

1 Like

I’m not sure how viable the idea is…but what about making a connector that’s has a smaller diameter to bypass the locking ring?

@brux Hey man do you guys have a cable yet for the Ollo s4x?

1 Like

I am having a hard time regularly updating this every week. Gotta do better!

Here’s what’s gone up in the boutique the last week or two for the most part, haha:

We also did another limited run this month, to test out if that’s a terrible idea or something worth doing regularly. This one sold out too, so hopefully we can make this a more regular thing.

Also, before I go, we’re doing a small mid-year sale. Can use the code MIDYEARGEAR21 for 10% off on the site. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!

9 Likes

that picture of the Grado just made me think perhaps you should find some talent to partner with and stat offering upgrades to make corded headphones removable…

/ominous music or /excited music YOU DECIDE!!!

2 Likes

@brux have you considered doing higher end cable types? I really like your cables for my lower end headphones, but I don’t use my hart cable for my HeK because the stock cable is audibly better to me (better bass and spatial reproduction).

8 Likes

Up voting this. I really like the Hart system from an ergonomic standpoint, but there is definitely a point in resolution capability where sonically they aren’t the best option. It would be super cool to have some higher end options in the Hart lineup.

8 Likes

I am in the snake oil camp for expensive cables…but I am onboard with a more premium product. perhaps you can get into silver? :wink:

@Kron @WaveTheory @Marzipan

It’s already in the works :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

And then just as an aside:

With our current product line, it’s a challenge we’ve always known we’re going to face with us pricing our products lower, where it’s assumed that with the lower price, the components aren’t as good. In reality, we use the same or better cable and components that other people charge much more for on their stuff. We just list it at - what we feel is - a more reasonable price point.

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for more premium options for cables. I have a grip of your cables already and want to continue to support HAC. I’ve felt a little guilty recently going elsewhere to get cables where there were different options for conductors, OCC, Silver, Silver plated OCC, number of wires/ cores per etc. etc., because I have found (not a dig against your philosophy) that on some of my phones that it can make a difference, for myself.

1 Like

And there was much rejoicing!

To your aside…it’s quite apparent you’re charging less than your competition. I think that has endeared your company to many audiophiles. I hope you can continue that with the higher end conductors. But, also, please charge enough to comfortably stay in business. I want you around!

4 Likes

Yes Yes! I personally feel I get more value out of your cables than what I paid for them. Even if parts and labor don’t justify it, the value is there. (IMHO)

1 Like

Luckily, from what I can tell, Texas is relatively easier on small businesses then other states.

I’ve been slacking off on keeping this updated : ( Trying to get better! HAC Boutique

Here’s what went up on the boutique today. Trying for drops every Tuesday, but with the holiday they went up Wednesday this week. I think most of the stuff might’ve sold already, but keep an eye out here, I’ll try to give HFG a heads up / head start whenever possible:

A Braided Multi-kit

A braided HD800 cable

A long, black IC-3 interconnect. Sometimes I have to remind myself it’s ok to just put something “simple” up.

A Custom Color HC-9 Cable

2 Likes

LOL, more than half of it is gone already…

@brux I placed my first custom shop order last week. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

1 Like

@brux if my brain is interpreting everything right…your kits all terminate in mini-XLR on one side while the other is whatever is required for your sound chain?

1 Like

You’re right, the standard HAC layout consists of 2 pieces:

Interconnect: Source gear connector type to male mini-XLR

Headphone cable: Female mini-XLR to headphone specific cabling

2 Likes

That’s correct! We did just release a kit where everything’s terminated to a full size 4-pin XLR. For those folks who already have custom built cables terminated to full size XLRs :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like