A 'what-if' scenaio

did you forget the 599 on purpose? :thinking:

Na, just didn’t think of it off the top of my head

Untapped for this conversation, you can get some great money for value deals on the used market too.

doesn’t really apply to a ‘what-if’ scenario :wink:

1 Like

I have a problem, I can’t get myself to own 1 of anything, especially things i really like. It’s a sickness and will force me to stay employed
till i drop dead or lose interest in everything and anything.

I would opt for two $1000 headphones. Something closed back for work and something open back for home. I suspect I’ll have to work my way through 4-5 $400-$500 headphones on the way there as I learn what works best for me.

1 Like

sorry, but your entry is invalid as it does not fit the scenario parameters. Please try again. :wink:

2 Likes

I would go for 4, because can’t name 2 for 1k

1 closed back - got my Elegia for 500 new- no joke
1 fun closed back like the TH-X00 ebony
1 open back planar like the hyped new stuff or a 560v1
1 open back like my DT1990s/660s

Why not simply?
get a ZMF Auteur / LCD3 / Rosson RAD 0 and never again think about having a look at reviews or in a forum :slight_smile:
Could live with my Elegia + a really nice DAP without DACs, Amps, cables, powerbricks - could I? Meeehh :slight_smile:

That’s what you think would work lol. It’s not that easy

1 Like

so after a bit of contemplation at the end of the day I would still opt for multiple headphones. 1 neutral with a little bump in the mids and maybe the highs something with great imaging and soundstage I deal for gaming basically what I’m looking for is the 1990.
1 bassy open back most like a fidelio
1 neutral intimate closed back for editing and monitoring
1 fun bass head closed back like a fostex purple heart.

anyone in for headphone sharing?

would use the D8000 Pro´s left cup :slight_smile:

I would be very scared in doing that because the headband would snap for sure. Perhaps ya just take it off the headband and tape it to the side of your head

hard to find these days - I look around, if I find someone with the Pro - I buy the custom cables and bring the tape
after Resolves review, every “endgame” hunter will want one

Ha, I ordered mine before I even saw any reviews (because I just told myself it was a work purchase)

1 Like

oh you already have it? - the new Pro?
haha yes a “work” purchase :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes got it in was it last Friday? I posted my initial impressions somewhere

Here they are

1 Like

sounds very similar to resolves review
big fat congrats on this one - never had the possibilty to audition the old

I got to listen to the regular D8000, and I liked it but I wasn’t the biggest fan, but I think the pro fixed most of the things I didn’t like.

Also what if I was just resolve reviews wouldn’t that be crazy lol

no it wouldn´t be at all - could fit … see the Cayin… xDSD… never checked your profile before

1 Like

Lol unfortunately I’m not, because I don’t think I could give a good review for the life of me. And I don’t get any sponsors or review samples either.