A 'what-if' scenaio

what do you find wrong with the 4xx? I thought their bass was quite good for the price.

I think I could live with ā€œjust oneā€, IF that one did everything 7/10 and aced comfort.

Else I will stick to ā€œthis for an hour, then this, then this, thenā€¦ā€, you get the idea.

Yeah my main question would be the quality of the other headphones compared to the only one headphone. If they were accurate midrange options I would take those, but if they were hypothetical where they were excellent at one thing and not great at the rest I would take the one like I mentioned before

Yeah but in my observations this forum is in significant measure a mutual-support system for the GAS-afflicted, lol. So I have to question how realistic the second alternative can be for the majority of active forum members.

For example, Iā€™d be very impressed to see people sign up to use just one headphone for a single year.

(Now excuse me while I don my bullet-proof vest and crash helmet.)

I would do it if I got to choose the headphone and have multiple amps and dacs lol

Iā€™d consider just one headphone for the Emporiumsā€¦ But even then, Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™d have to hear them first. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe question should be rephrased, would you trade in all your headphones for a
Sennheiser Orpheus setup?

Probably not, as I really didnā€™t love them that much tbh

1 Like

Of course YOU would have even the privilege of even KNOWing thatā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey I waited like an hr and a half at a show lol. 10 minutes with them and I really didnā€™t think it was something worthwhile for me. Donā€™t even get me started on the hifiman shangri la as I think thatā€™s definitely not worth 50k

Edit: Although now that I think about it, I also got to listen to them for like an hr at a dealer. It was a fair bit better because it was a better environment

1 Like

LOL. You waited an hour and a half just to listen to Hotel California.

I canā€™t remember exactly what I picked, but it wasnā€™t Hotel California lol

Itā€™s an hour and a half to EXPERIENCE Hotel California.

1 Like

the goal for me is to find that one headphone taht I FEEL is the one basically end game the one that can do everything I want with no issues so far no one has done that for me personally. but I also donā€™t quite know what I ever on want till I hear it.

I donā€™t find anything wrong with it really. Itā€™s nice and neutral just not as warm as I would prefer tit to be but I attribute that to I like it when bass hits and I can feel the driver noticable with my 990 and sometimes my 58x and it being PLANAR the BASS is fast tight as well as you dont really feel the driver vibrate giving me almost a speaker quality to them

I would so I can sell it and use that capital to buy a car as well as a fair amount of high end headphones

Well, I am a sucker for sounds so I guess I am going to choose the Superior Headphone youā€™ve mentioned since the sound that I want is there overall. Most of the time I can tolerate pads that are not so comfortable and since you did not mentioned that the pads are not replaceable, then I could just simply replace pads overall to make it even more comfortable xD.

Not sure if I would ā€˜squeezeā€™ into a one-fits-all solution. Just if something came along that I heard that pretty much ticked all of the boxes, then I could see myself happily buying a flagship set of cans and sticking with it as my daily until something else came along that was better and comfortable.

I am already out of the mode of collecting things that do one thing really well and I am looking for something that covers everything. That being said, because I tend to keep headphones on for hours at home, Iā€™d choose a comfortable flagship set that does ninety percent of what an uncomfortable flagship does rather than have one set for each and every minor occasion.

Just curious, do you think the rai penta falls under the endgame category for iems for you?

No, the Meze Rai Penta falls under easy, convenient office listening. Customs would be more endgame IEM.

Also kind of have an aversion to endgame as a term outside of computer games. But for a flagship headphone that I would think about for my previous posts, maybe something like the Meze Empyrean or a Focal or Abyss or ZMF.