AFUL Performer 7 Hybrid 2DD + 4BA + 1 Micro Planar

any similarity to Magicone?

hey man im new to the iem thing and would like to know what you guys meant when talking about airy and texture? I can kind guess abt airy but still cant grasp the meaning of bass texture and how they are different from the thump/impact. thanks! also love your reviews btw!

I’m really surprised the DaVinci makes the grade… I’ll have to watch the video later.

I have a little vocabulary list here.

5 Likes

I personally like the DaVinci man. I mean, it just clicks. I have a similar relationship with Penon Voltage as well. I bought a unit after listening to it, I sometimes feel it is a bit over priced you know, sometimes I feel the resolution is not enough for the asking price of 1100$, but then everytime I put the voltage into my ears, I get lost in its musicality.

So sometimes some IEMs just click you know haha.

6 Likes

Can you Compare Voltage Resolution to some well known IEMs ? Like Twilight/Supernova/Monarch MKII

New Studio set up not completely happy with the video quality but gets my point across. The P7 is a killer set!

1 Like

Still no availability or pricing info for the P7 ?

I’ve been sufficiently inspired now such that I want to order one.

1 Like

It should be under $300 launching this week.

3 Likes

Pretty impressed by that!

1 Like

Thanks for this! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Is it a successor to the P5 or new thing all togather?

I guess there won’t be a P5 MKII P

watch them makes it performer 8+1+2+3+1 next time

4 Likes

Never listened to the P5 so i can’t comment

I heard this will be out on the 11th. I really love it. My review will be posted then.

1 Like

was this the set with isobaric bass too? I’ve yet to buy a set with that config so I’m still looking for one

Presumably, since they share the same nozzle tube, but it’s like a Y connection between them and the nozzle so not your usual face-to-face isobaric config. Should be same effect though.

That is afaik, the first iem I have seen with separate DDs being connected in a “Y” shaped tube together like this. Biggest issue I see is that there could be a lot of pipe resonance with such a long tube and distance.

I believe this is not an isobaric setup.

1 Like

I don’t see any coupling chamber anywhere, so you’re likely right.

Yeah, the other type looks like this

(Blessing 3)

Which has a separate chamber to combine the DDs.

Or the usual way with separate DDs would be this

(Shanling ME600)