šŸ”· AKG K371

The Elex was a wow moment for me.

1 Like

So i got mine yesterday. Not sure if iā€™m just not used to a sound signature quite like these but for certain music these things straight up hurt to listen. The classic rock that i listened to (Fleetwood Mac, Santana) with them was sooooo good but then i listened to TOOL Lateralus and The Grudge almost destroyed my ears!

1 Like

Well, they are monitoring headphones, so they will be fairly revealing and not smooth over flaws in some music

DMSā€¦

Iā€™d love to know just how wide spread this issue really is.

Since Iā€™m too lazy to watch the video, whatā€™s the issue?

QC issues (both from Wheezy and DMS. Wheezy got all the copies heā€™s had from Amazon, each with different issues, though one was purely cosmetic). Anywhere from differences in the edge of the cup not being flush with the pad, to imperfections with the hinge mechanism, the silicone cover for the floating pivot mechanism for the cup, and finally the silver emblem on the hinge mechanism pealing.
Itā€™s also DMS being upset about the ā€œProfessionalā€ marketing along with the Harmon Curve being in conflict with one another, though he also claims his sample is not calibrated for this target, and is producing 4K artifacting.

Huh, yeah no issues with mine whatsoever. I guess I lucked out. I do think itā€™s a bit strange in the 4k ish area, but for what they cost I really canā€™t complain. Also I mean the m50x is marked for professional so marketing is going to be marketing lol.

1 Like

How do you find they compare to the K550 they are allegedly replacing?

I think itā€™s overall a better headphone as itā€™s more technically proficient imo. I think the 553 was kinda mid focused that left music sounding strange at times imo. I also think the comfort and build has been improved.

Hmmm, Iā€™ll have to see how it fairs against my K550 MKIII, as I would have to agree with DMS on them being built really well.

The design is just very comfortable and durable, and they are also pretty portable for sure

It is they sound really boring but when you get used to it I want to pick them up more.

1 Like

The 17dB fall measured by DMSā€¦ is interesting to say the least.

I like the harman curve but itā€™s hard to believe a 17dB cliff/brick wall is mandatory for everything to sound natural.

Rtings measured the K371 if you want some accurate measurements: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/akg/k371

1 Like

Does anyone have the K371 and K361 and can measure the headband extension? Cuz I wanna buy me a pair but I was blessed with a huge head and wanna know if they would fit me. :slight_smile:

Edit: oi! @M0N after carefully stalking your profile I saw that you have the K371 could you do the bidding? Thank you !! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m on a long business trip unfortunately, I will get back in a couple weeks. I think they extend farther than something like a 4xx and might be comparable to the 58x at max

Thank you based M0N :pray:

Also now thinking about it how would I measure that lol. I think they are roughly equivalent to the 58x at max, so I can measure that since I have it on me

With measuring tapeā€¦ or paper or something idk :man_shrugging:

Ye if they extend like the 58x then Iā€™m good, they will fit me