🔷 AKG K371

But do you want from the middle of the headband down to the top of the cups?

That works, measuring the entire headband also works, cuz I got a reference: it has to be more than 30cm (12 inch) across the headband fully extended

Wait like width or hight (I’m somewhat confused lol). I am pretty sure that the 58x and 371 are very similar at max so I will just measure the 58x for now to at least give you a rough idea

Just measure the entire headband fully extended from the top of one cup to the other that should do it

On the 58x, pulling them apart at max extension yields about 11inches where the pads would be able to rest normally on a head. So if you had a head wider than 12 inches it wouldn’t fit you properly. The k371 is similar off of memory

Bruh there’s no way the 58x has similar extension to my HyperX Cloud (12 inches) the clouds are small, and the 58x are pretty big. I am conflicted now

The clouds aren’t that small. Also I’m probably doing something wrong lol

If you have a head that’s 12 inches wide I feel like the majority of headphones wouldn’t work for you

Post a picture of how you want them measured, it’s really not clear.

its not wide its rather tall, like the distance from my ear to the top of my head is big

I can’t post a picture, sorry, my phone’s dead and I have a shitty phone rn that can’t do shit, just measure the headband circumference you know from the top of the left pad across the headband to the other pad

Ahhhhh ok I can do that when I get back from a meeting

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Edit: Inner circumference -Cloud II headband = 21cm
Inner circumference -Cloud II headband - fully extended = 30cm
Cross-sectional width -Cloud II headband = 16cm

This is the info for the Clouds which are just a bit too small for my head, I need just a bit more to be able to wear them properly

Fully extended the 58x is around 14inches using a crappy hotel tape measure.

2 Likes

Oh ye that’s definitely gonna fit me thanks alot ! :slight_smile:

Yeah, the 371 should be pretty similar to that

Found at “wheezy.reviews” :

1 Like

OK, since LeDechaine has committed the indiscretion of posting an FR graph on a subjectivist forum, lol, I’ll pile on as well. Here is the same thing with two differences:

Here I’ve used Oratory1990 measurements (state-of-art equipment) plus I’ve used the actual Harman 2018 target for compensation. IOW, this shows the variance between what they were attempting to match and the results they achieved with an actual production unit.

Sean Olive claimed they got within 1 dB across the audible spectrum with the K371. This shows a somewhat different story. Not saying it matters. Just an interesting snapshot.

2 Likes

Since you like a Harman fr, are you interested in the 371?

If your hearing stops at 3khz? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Warning, by the way. Wheezy’s graph show K361s in red and K371s in blue. Oratory’s graph show K361s in blue and K371s in red. :confused:

Assuming this is addressed to me, no. Three problems. I have hearing damage that makes me need a significant boost in the 2-3 kHz region. On top of that I listen at fairly low levels, so even without the hearing damage I’d need more 2-3 kHz than the 2018 Harman target offers. Finally, I’m spoiled by the additional detail, dynamics, etc. from the DT 1990.

lol!

My bad. I noticed that right after I finished constructing the graph. Would be better if my graph had used entirely different colors rather than reversing them.

1 Like

I already posted a graph of these before all of y’all :sunglasses:

1 Like