šŸ”· AKG K371

Nope. The latest Harman target jest ainā€™t ma thang. But if it were itā€™s always just an EQ change away.

OTOH, I could always cover a cardboard box with marble-pattern shelf paper, put my laptop inside, run the K371ā€™s cable through a hole in the box and tell people theyā€™re listening to a $70K Orpheus headphoneā€¦

1 Like

Well, I would say anyone who has experience with even decent headphones wouldnā€™t believe that lol, but it would be very fun to do to uninformed

What? You own the K371 and youā€™ve heard the Orpheus. You tellinā€™ me thereā€™s an actual difference? The king really has new clothes, lol? Ya gotta be kidding, grin.

Lol, idk, Iā€™m sure someone would fall for it eventually

how do these compare to a Sennheiser HD650?

The k371 is pretty much a perfect
harman target signature so the bass and treble are more elevated whereas the hd650 is mid forward and darkā€¦ quite different but both really nice

1 Like

Can it keep up in detail, resolution, soundstage and imaging with the HD650? Or is it a class lower like HD58x?

its a tier under the hd650 in terms of technicalities imoā€¦ soundstage is about the same though

How about the sound leakage? Would others hear what I am hearing? And would I sweat in these? (not doing any sports, just studying)

When you search for graphs on google images just to find your own shitty photoshop-clone jobs on your favorite forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I completely forgot to answer you. Turns out that, since then, I got HD58Xs and realized these were too bright for me, same for KZ ZS10 Pros, but my old HD280 Pros were just perfect for me ā€“ and were basically harman without 10khz+ treble. So buying K371s or K361s, for me, with all the random peaks above 10khz, would be a coin toss.

As much as I love 10khz treble and ā€œairā€, Iā€™ll enjoy it on my Fluance SX6s and other future speakers, but now I avoid ā€œneutral to 20khzā€ headphones.

Also, for info, thereā€™s now the AKG 361-BT and AKG 371-BT, and these do not use DSP (that would be stupid for something advertised as harman-tuned and studio-ready, too).

Anyway, bluetooth without DSP is rare andā€¦ under appreciated. Thatā€™s nice to see (and hear).

Soā€¦ thatā€™s the cheap version of Drop Pandas. :stuck_out_tongue: BT5.0 but no AptX/LDAC/whatever, as far as I know.

Just got them today Iā€™m fkin shocked, I feel bad about my HD 598sr now.
The sound is so good the vocals itā€™s so fkin close to the real sound Iā€™m speechless and even tho they have pretty 0 bass they still sound very good with edm music.
Not more comfortable than the hm751 tho not even close.
I feel sad that Iā€™m gonna give them back at some point cuz Iā€™m gonna pick up the COPP cuz I need some bass monsters.
And they sound so gawd damn good from my phone to JEZUZ
I feel like I canā€™t go back like Z said itā€™s like that time morty was on a perfectly flat thing and he couldnā€™t go back anymore.

2 Likes

Holy crap I love these, not even an hour in

2 Likes

Spot on, a great companion though

Yeah definitely agree thereā€¦ glad youā€™re liking themā€¦ I still think theyā€™re the most comfortable headphone iā€™ve worn too

1 Like

Found new graphs. Thereā€™s a ton of comparisons too. Against Beyers, Nad HP50, etc.

3 Likes

Yessss thank you thank you

Hi, my review of the AKG K371 is here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!As-gJ-WlszWtgYhyEc5BNWpwr80C8g?e=lwlfAG

So, just getting around to trying these after trying a bunch of closed backs for around $100. I think these probably take it for me. I think I might even like them more than my Elegiaā€¦ I donā€™t feel like they are super comfortable though. Does the clamp let up? You guys bend them out?

I recall the clamp easing up some. I wouldnā€™t recommend bending it but rather let it stretch out overnight on bunch of books or a speaker or something. Nice headphones for sure :+1:

1 Like