šŸ”¶ AKG K712

Wait really? for the k612? The k712 is going to be the best and is around 300-275 new. I can get a k612 for around 160-150 usd.

If you want the widest possible, the k7xx is hard to beat for akg headphones

That build quality thoughā€¦are they that good?

For the 7xx? I donā€™t think they are rock solid or anything like that but imo I didnā€™t remember any glaring flaws in the build

I didnā€™t want go too high, people were claiming these k series headphones have more soundstage than a x2. Earlier I ordered the q701 and k702 to test against one another. Plus in 6 months or so I was gonna get the LCD 1

The lcd 1 seems pretty killer. Well I hope one of those suits your needs

Iā€™m trying to pace myself, the Sundara is the most I ever spent on a headpone. I just wanted a headphone with soundstage thatā€™s cheap but of course they got to sound good being a audiophile. These sundaraā€™s are sounding better and better and are absolutely unreal! Iā€™m thinking of selling the 6xx and put the money towards another planar even though their amazing too. Iā€™m gonna sell about 4 or 5 of my headphones probably.

I like the q701 more, it sounds better and is built better. The k702 has a cheaper plastic, it looks and feels cheaper when I tap it. Q701 has stereo sound and more bass. This and the Sundara, I think Iā€™m finding a new sound thatā€™s my now favorite.

Wait so you ended up getting the lcd 1?

No not yet, Iā€™m gonna wait till the m1070, and m 1570 comes out.

Ah my bad, I got confused for a sec, well thatā€™s great that you found the akg you like :+1:

Iā€™m really liking this airy sound. It seems to to be the in thing now.

As in popular? Well the trend for the high end has been more detail oriented signatures which end up sounding a tad bit bright

Yeah Iā€™ve heard thatā€™s the case with hight end.

I do think it is changing though to some more enjoyable fun tuning though for some products.

I did a lot of research and the k712 and 7xx were supposedly not as detailed and had recessed mids. I need to keep burning them in and listening, cause if they donā€™t work for asmr, Iā€™m gonna probably send them back.

I would agree that the 7xx is a bit recessed and not super detailed, but the 712 is a fair bit more detailed imo compared to the q701 and k702, also a bit more even responding too

Well I heard some say that as well.

Yeah imo the k612 and k712 are a step above, but some may prefer the q701

No one talks about the soundstage of the k612. Where would you put it?

Compared to the q701, if I recall correctly the k701 is wider, but not as detailed and even frequency response as the 612 pro, but the 612 has an attached cable where the k701 is detachable, but personally I found the 612 more comfortable.

Also just curious if you are using this for asmr, wouldnā€™t you want an intimate sound? (donā€™t know much about asmr)