All Things Classical

@Jordonater1992 @Raptor168 I like my Sundaras as well, especially for female vocals because they bring the mids forward a bit. They’re fine for classical as well, but for really busy pieces (ie lots of different instruments at one time as with full orchestra) I now prefer my Beyerdynamic DT880/600 ohm.

3 Likes

I’m no classification expert, lol, but I would say these are essentially soundtracks using orchestral and piano sounds, the second with that rock underscore…both interesting. You might enjoy some piano concertos and perhaps some of John Williams movie soundtracks. I’ll send a couple of examples you can try.

1 Like

Have fun!

2 Likes

Congrats on the Focal! That’ll be different, lol.

1 Like

I know. I have been saving for a while and these make the most sense for me. Of the fleet I currently have, it seems like I am using the Elegia the most. I can’t wait to try the Radiance.

2 Likes

Thank you i appreciate it

1 Like

I liked the Indiana jones one and the star wars ones. I do have the star wars soundtracks downloaded already because why wouldn’t you. Allegro scherzando was a little too long for me but it was still good. Its just im not someone who listens to just classical so maybe thats why i prefer a mix of things together.

Any of you guys heard of Kevin Penkin. He is an excellent composer for OSTs in animes and this is one of his best called Made In Abyss. It has quite a few piano and violin tracks in there so maybe worth your time.

Theres some unfortunate slight clipping on these youtube versions but the recording quality is great on the FLAC version

@Jordonater1992 Always good that we all try some different music from time
to time. :wink:

1 Like

Forgive me for bombarding the thread with OSTs but i think this one absolutely has to be heard its really epic. Another one from the game Destiny

2 Likes

Thanks to AMHD for suggesting this selection. It’s incredible. It’s in Dolby Atmos and it has all my favorite classical peeps in it!

AMHD > LG V40 > SMSL M200 > Realistic 7-band EQ > Denon AVR-2808 > HiFIMAN Sundara

2 Likes

Hee hee. Good taste! :wink:
PS you’re lucky to have grabbed a V40!

1 Like

Thanks, Tim! If I find this on CD anywhere I will add it to the collection. Copy on the V40 as well. Easily the best mobile device I have owned.

1 Like

Happy birthday to Hilary Hahn. Nov. 29 …one of the best!

2 Likes

Sorry if it’s already been shared but this is my commute home…

2 Likes

This needs to be watched and not just listened to. The music is gorgeous, but the setting is one of the most beautiful interiors Europe ever produced.

1 Like

Such a great find, gonna be a Viola Da Gamba treasure hunt today.

Timeless > BTR 5 balanced

4 Likes

More greatness, some accompaniment

27 pieces? That should keep you busy for a while. :wink:

1 Like