Allo Revolution DAC

Well I just really like the quality, No need for MQA, just didn’t know about streamers all that well, I hope this works, I’m seeing an optical out as well

Yes it has optical out, but I would suggest you use coax if you can as the optical on there is subpar imo

1 Like

Wooooo 10 character

Oh good to know

Man I love this forum lol

4 Likes

@11_Clouds

Jul 13… still for sale maybe?

1 Like

Good to know about the combo, I am really curious to the streaming world as I mostly use Spotify. I was very interested, but the shipping for me would be $150 and that killed it for me. It will definitively stay in my radar but for now I will go with the Element.

Hey m0n coax is the way to go if I’m connecting the Node 2i to the Denafrips Pontus and want to bypass the Node 2i’s DAC correct?

That is correct

1 Like

If I want to run this from windows and mac source, which driver is required? I got a little lost in the documentation for this

If you plan to run from windows you get the xmos driver

thanks, and for mac it doesn’t matter? sorry, wasn’t sure what the driverless option meant here

So for mac I think either one will work, but I would go thesycon just in case. The xmos version is nice if you have windows because it doesn’t need anything installed, for mac it shouldn’t matter for either

1 Like

Mon, hi! Tell me please, how huge the difference between aune x8 and allo revolution? Im installed linear supply to x8, i think it added 10 percent increase in sound quality. Is it worth for my to buy allo? It will be still an upgrade?

So I do prefer the sound of the allo dac, it to me it’s more refined and capable, and also more sonically flexible. It could be an upgrade that might be worthwhile, but I would honestly suggest you just save up for the higher end dacs where they really give a more substantial improvement since you already have a solid dac now, I think you would get more sound for your money that way

2 Likes

Thank you. I think my wife will shoot me:)

1 Like

Hmmm it’s most likely a good idea to make sure that doesn’t happen lol

2 Likes

Looking for new fun and powerful sound dac for desktop setup, thinking about allo revolution with shipping and customs will cost me 350$ and 40$ for custom linear power supply locally. Or try smsl su-9 which is 459 with free shipping. Could you give an advice? I understand that i did not prefer the devices with ak dac chips. Which dac can compete with mojo in his own price range, i don’t even need an amp, dac only? Main point is fun and powerful sound. Is revolution fun and powerful? Is it worth 350$ without power supply?

Or maybe i should give a try for chord chordette? One man selling it locally for 400$, is it worth to try?

Hi all! Just pulled the trigger for Allo revolution with remote control, thesycon edition. I make an order from local engineer to build power supply with supercapacitors like shanti lps. I hope this will be better than modius,e30, aune x8 etc. and at least can compete with mojo, i don’t think it will be better, but at least fun to listen:) Will pair it with asgard 3.

Power supply we be ready in 2-4 weeks, delivery of allo i hope in this time period too.

@Mon thanks for the advice

4 Likes

Hello all! As i told before, i will share my impression about allo revolution. I received the unit and decided to make a first listen, it was very tempting, i stared to connect cables, and after USB was inserted i felt that something wrong there. I removed usb cable and was shocked - usb port was dropped inside the unit! It was physically broken and felt inside the dac. Thanks god, that i didn’t powered it.
What a pity surprise, i hope sound quality will be better than build quality, this is actually the first dac of maybe 20 different dac which was owned by me in the past, which broken that way.
I’m disappointed and decided to send the unit to local Ukrainian engineer, which creates for me linear psu.
I hope this thing will be last quality issue with the unit, and after repair i will be glad for purchasing revolution + flux labs fa-12s.