Anime discussion thread

the references are kinda old and the scenes has changed this past more than a decase and the animation for the time wasnt very impressive to begin with and as time went on just aged. its still great though

1 Like

Those are all great ones. I never did read the manga of N.H.K., so I will give that a look. I’m wondering how different it is from the anime.

3 of my favorites are Nichijou, The monogatari series, and Steins;Gate.

3 Likes

I’m not much for anime…but rabid Robotech fan here. :slight_smile:

Old skool me…

3 Likes

robotech is one of the pioneers of mecha aniem lots of respect for that series

love stiens gate and nichijou, the monogatari series is a but much for me was able to get through 2 seasons before I just stopped watching it binging it was just a bad idea for me. I think if I was watching it weej by week I may like it more

I love anime. I love Nichijou, Daily lives of high school boys. defrag, read or die and lately ive been watching love is war which is hilarious. I like the comedy anime more than anything.

2 Likes

Personally I like to binge watch the individual story arcs. Were the two seasons you watched Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari? If you weren’t to sold on the series after that, then you may not be that into the rest of it.

If you like that kinda stuff you might enjoy Hina matsuri one of my favorite comedies of the past couple of years the manga is pretty great as well

Yep those exactly. I liked the characters and animation wise was great itwas just a bit challenging to sit through. Not that it was boring it was just dense with messages that I sometimes would over analyze and kinda got tiring after like watching 2 or 3 episodes in a row

i really like love is war one of the better recent animes to come out imo very enjoyable.

also recent stuff that’s been great demon slayer, super hype for the movie this year

Demon Slayer is great the manga is almost done as well. I really hope for a second season have like 3 figures pre ordered for demon as well lol

1 Like

I’m trying so hard to hold off on reading the manga. It’s really sick i initially watched the first episode and wrote it off as kinda generic, but later saw clips of later fight scenes and had to go back. Very glad i did the animation is really incredible and it’s for sure a fun watch

Also o hope someone else aside from feeing picks up the love is war license as much as I love chilka and would love a figure for her I cant justtify a $250 bunny girl figure. Would much rather her in the clothes she wears in the anime.

If you want to appreciate all the text on screen, I recommend downloading a good fan subbed version. Frequently pausing can be annoying when trying to stream. If you search [Cerberus] Monogatari Series on Nyaa, you’ll find a 150 GB torrent of the whole series. It might be the best set video encodes and subs available? I will take a look at it in the near future.

One of the better animated action anime was a great way to wash off the taste of one punch man season 2

hmm you may be out of luck chika seems like one of those money printing characters judging by how loved she is on the internet

I’ll look into it. I was hoping to actually go ish the series when I was asked to go into quarantine but work got busy and got called back 5 days later

ugh this one hurts i didnt watch OPM s2 but s1 was really good and looked awesome despite a moderate budget, really sad it changed hands and dropped in quality. It’s one i read but I thoroughly enjoyed s1 and they did some really cool stuff like the final fight being a reverse of his dream fight. rip s2

Well logically if she prints money they would make more figures for her like the 20 rem figures that came out or all those Asuna and saber figures. Which fortunately I never got into collecting those characters.