Ant's Review of the Sennheiser HD58x

I like your review of the 58x. I just don’t know what “great” means. You use great after every adjective. It is like going to McDonalds and saying, the Big Mac is great. Fries and ketchup are great. Chicken nuggets are good, barbecue sauce is great.

I don’t mean any disrespect, I’m just trying to understand the 58x more as I do have these. I think the 58x are great. LOL. That word just doesn’t help me that much though. You can replace it with “amazing” and it will have the exact same meaning. Or is that all there is to really describe a headphone?

1 Like

Change “great” to “very naturally presented”, maybe. :slight_smile:

I put this on my comparison but forgot to put them on the individual reviews:

Scoring rating: 20$-300$ 7.0 / 300$-700$ 8.0 / 800-1000$’s 9.0 / 2000$’s and up 10.0

Word description grading: Poor, Mediocre, Fine, Good, Great, Exceptional, Phenomenal

I research these headphones pretty well and if something about them is particularly mentioned i’ll note it. if not i’ll use my word grading system. for my general impression.

Ant’s Reviews on other Reviews site’s.

Sorry, i just had to. :rofl:

My logic just hurts since site already has Official threads…,.
Why can’t all the info be in one place… where it’s easy to find.

With everyone’s opinions, though’s and info. Maybe even someone’s own reviews but still in one location… these trash treads will be lost and the official still are easy to find.

Since “search” already is way to hard to use… for some… no for the many.
Make new, new and new topics about same things and ask same questions.

1 Like

Thought about that yesterday. Maybe we need a “customer reviews” subforum for everyone.

Otherwise, the reviews easily get lost, even in the official threads, because, well, there’s hundreds or thousands of messages sometimes, and nobody reads all that.

I’ll have you know sir that when i test headphones i detect no smells what so ever. except for blue. I get a distinct smell of blue

dammit madgman, i was hoping no one would point that out! thanks a lot

IMO, should be in the official threads… if everyone starts making “My Review of X Headphone!” It could get pointlessly convoluted. If you want to make an official thread titled “Ant’s Reviews”… I think that would be fine. And you could continually update the starter post or just link directly to your review posts…

Something like this…

Giov’s Review of…

2 Likes

Agreed . Much better if you use your profile discriptions and link to your reviews on the official threads

1 Like

Or we should make a system where we do a review thread for each headphone along with the official thread that people’s reviews don’t get hurried if that’s what people are scared of.

1 Like

My thought on this is that the review should go in the official thread and then a mod edits the top official post with a link to the review’s position in the thread. This consolidates everything nicely and gives an index at the top of a thread where everyone can see it and nothing would be lost in the shuffle.

1 Like

If this is allowed and y’all don’t mind me doing it I could spend a little bit of time a day and make a bunch of review threads per headphones and gear with official threads . Doing so will end in me thread spamming several times over the course of a few

Having one active mod makes that stupid difficult

Mon has shit to do as well

I believe this was the goal of the site, to eventually become more like what I posit, but yeah, it would work best if there was really more than one ‘active’ fucking mod. Your suggestion would also be splitting discussion of the headphones in question between threads, which isn’t really great. Anything is better though than a blast of single review threads.

Dont bother, you’ll just end up with a sparse or empty thread. the reason i posted them here is i was tired of putting the work in and getting ignored when i posted to the official thread. also its in the help/discussion section and it is helpfull and a discussion lol. so i thought i would just link to them in the official threads.

My reviews are researched and formatted, including graphics. i like writing and reviewing stuff, ive been doing it for a long time. i used to have my own website with 50k views and awards including point survey top 5% of the internet. maybe i should just put together another website. most people just write down their quick thoughts on something and wont want it in a “review” thread

Much better to set up your own review site and just link it in the review in an official thread.

That way you will probably have more reach as well past the forum

But i can post the same to all of them reviews.
To be equal not exclude any of them.

1 Like

youre really good with those memes

Really gotta get out of your own head. If you really love writing reviews, then do it because you love writing reviews. Don’t do it for the attention. =P

1 Like