Ant's Review of the Sennheiser HD58x

I dont want any attention at all. I’m perfectly fine and self contained. You know when they say no man is an island? Well im a island. i really dont care what any of you guys think.

You believe that right? you do right?

1 Like

I dunno… Lol
I mean, it kind of contradicts you saying you were “tired of getting ignored…”.
Maybe in some ways you don’t care what we think, I can believe that.

I’m not trying to judge you…
I have an ego too… everyone does. I worked my way up in an industry (art) where people are constantly hoping to get attention… and I’ve seen how ugly that can get… What you’re doing isn’t that bad, per say, but making your own threads just to isolate and bring attention to your own reviews at the expense of keeping this place at least a little bit organized doesn’t look good, IMO.
You just gotta be respectful of the platform and you gotta put your expectations aside…
If putting too much work into a review isn’t worth it for you if nobody else ‘appreciates’ it… then I think you’re doing it for the wrong reason. You gotta do it for yourself first… and because you love doing it, then the ‘attention’ and ‘respect’ will come naturally.

I was kidding lol. no i just love helping, reviewing things, thinking about them, learning, dusscussion, so on…

and i love this subject!

but no fun if no one see’s it. besides i didnt think it would be that big a deal. i will post in the official threads from now on. i just think you guys are being a little OCD about it

1 Like

Sure, I believe you. People can still love doing things genuinely, but still have egos about it. It happens in a lot of things. Just gotta temper the ‘ego’ part is all I’m saying. =)

Just be mindful and considerate. Lol

I have no ego. completly egoless. I do have eggo’s though

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure only sociopaths might be the only people who can genuinely say they are egoless… Lol… hmm :stuck_out_tongue:

Or I guess if you’re constantly high off LSD.

Maybe I was naïve in thinking this was a hifi forum. Ego death is pretty hardcore

I like your commitment and your enthusiasm (I mean that very seriously),
but for some people (me) your absolutism is sometimes a little too violent in terms of things.

Both I and the majority of people have to learn in the course of life that their own opinions are very individual and that they simply cannot and should not be imposed on others.

In another topic I tried to show you yesterday in a humorous way.

Please don’t be angry,
but it sometimes comes across as if only your opinion that you have based on your experience counts.
But others have this experience too, but draw other conclusions from it.

It is nice that you let us share your experiences, but please learn to live with the fact that you can see things differently.

The whole thing is a hobby for most of us, and hobby should be fun for all of us, including the time and effort involved. :wink:

My absolutism probably derives from ignorance and a unwillingness to believe that a person can like a dark headphone in any valid way

1 Like

That may not be ignorance, but that over time you simply have a different focus, or you like other music to which such an earphone colored in sound simply does not fit.

Describing this as ignorance is precisely the absulotism I mentioned.

I know this is a bit of a headwind for you right now, but you’re provoking that a little bit.

sorry, i guess i cant help being absulotist. can you forgive me?

lol, seriously its just headphones guys. its ok

1 Like

hold on what?! this is why i hate steve jobs. hippy. if anyone had an ego it was this guy. so if he tried LDS, it didnt work.

That’s not how LSD works… Lol It doesn’t get rid of your ego forever… Only while your high.

Yeah i know lol. but i dont think he got anything out of it. is what i mean.

Besides we dont need to take drugs to enlighten ourselves. we can do that in a better, much more permanent way

Religion is an opium for the masses - Karl Marx

2 Likes

I posted that more jokingly. I don’t disagree with that. Lol
But there’s plenty to learn about the science of psychedelics and why people feel they are ‘enlightening’.

Well thats ironic cause i think communism is the opium of the masses

Communism isn’t the way forward, neither is religion

i feel you’re being very absolutist felix