Any anime figure collectors?

Only about a year into collecting so the collection is still small

7 Likes

I had not gotten too deep into figures as I did Gunpla once upon a time, but I still have a few neglected figure in storage.

But more than that, I still have a collection of manga and dvds and Blu-rays that I should display. I should get two more bookshelves so I don’t have to double stack and hide half of my collection behind itself and add it to my streaming background.

I have thought about buying figures but decided not to for my health and well-being.

Also as an aside, fuck Funko pops I fucking hate those disgusting horrible lookin insulting to whatever they represent lookin cheaply made rip-off coraline lookin asses. fuck

I have thousands of CDs in milk crates in my basement taking up space with nowhere to put them, so no space for more things that need shelves lol.

6 Likes

Pop figures have space in the market. It’s for people who are new to the space and don’t know better but are on a budget basically how I got into collecting. Have a couple lying around

1 Like

There’s probably similar priced figures out there that imo look much better. I just hate the aesthetic of Funko pops

not really but for about double the price you can start getting cheaper scales like banpresto , and EXQ figures, and amiibos . but pops are cheap you can get them for like $5

and if it exists their is probably a pop of it. I hate them personally nowadays becuase they take up so much space at conventions due ot pure price, and availability. no one really sells collectors figures at the scale funko does they are literally everywhere and is going ot be their downfall they aren’t special and they are soulless collectables

You can get some amiibos for pretty cheap depending on where you are and what amiibos they are. Even around the 10-15 buck mark

yeo but they don’t cover that many characters only nintendo properties and few others but those arent as good as the nintendo ones.

True, I guess I would just value a better made and accurate to what they represent over a funko

why i spend the premium for my figures

Some of mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s one every collector needs:
Pennywise the clown moe-fied

srsly tho who is this for? XD

3 Likes

It was best selling for a while on amiami was debating grabbing one lol she’s pretty cute and from a pretty high quality manufacturer

1 Like

I have bought my older brother one that is supposed to be Darryl Dixon (The Walking Dead) cause he wants the character to die so he can go make Boondock Saints 3. Otherwise, I was given one for Christmas (Nerd Rage from Fall Out). No plans to buy any other Funko Pops.

If you are an anime fiend with a bit of money burning a hole in your pocket every month, there is always subscription boxes like The Otaku Box
Not the best quality figures, but if you feel the need for more crap, there is that (biggest thing that seems to set the particular one linked is allegidly, what is included is based around community vote)

if you want decently good quality reasonaby priced figures sub $50 pop up parade by good smile, EXQ, figures or banpresto figures are all pretty good value nit the greatest packaging or rhe best plastics or paint jobs or sculpts but some compare to much more expensive figures.
https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_keywords=pop%20up%20parade
https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_keywords=pop%20up%20parade

I dont exactly plan on getting to deep into collecting. More of one or two, more for showing appreciation for well done characters I personally really enjoy (for example: Raphtalia)

true raphtalia is actually one of my favorite figures in my collection . Gorgeous sculpt great plastics interchangable sword good base and pretty good price at from what I remember to be like $140

3 Likes

I could personally care less about the interchangeable sword, but that one in particular has popped up on my radar… The issue I run into then is forking over the dough for what is essentially a small piece of art that serves no purpose but to sit there and look pretty.