Any anime figure collectors?

hard barrier to get over especially if your the not the collector type honestly. and considering what you can get for $140 in audio or any other hobbies its hard to justify a piece of plastic

1 Like

If I could get back into wood working, I would probably sink a good chunk of money into it. Part of my problem was not having material and/or not knowing what to make.
Edit: The last thing I did was this. Just a scap piece of 2x4 I was able to scrounge up, then pocket knives, a couple chisels, then hand sand to 400 grit, stain and clear coat.

2 Likes

the nice thing with wood working is there is an actual funciton adn a sense of self improvement figure collecting is really just about how much money your willing to drop on a decorative piece

2 Likes

I had like 3 of them in 2015… Then I went to japan, Spent ~$300… Came home with boxless 17 Full Size and like 12 Chibi figures… Now my apartment has over 70. Mostly cheaper Noodle stoppers (that are no longer cheap) and a handful of $150+ ones usually fully NSFW that hide in the second apartment.

Photo’s maybe. I need a good camera.

3 Likes

No judging, we’re among friends. You guys ever rub one out to one of your collection pieces?

Honestly no. Shit is too expensive to get shit accidentally put on it. But I’m sure there are many who do. I’ve seen some pretty disturbing shit on r/redditmuseumoffilth. And there is an abundance of NSFW figures out

2 Likes

I also collect only sfw figures an exception soon when f4f drops their Bayonetta statue. and I’m not really a fan of figures where the characters aren’t wearing their original from the show clothes. Though I have been tempted but some freeing bunny girl figures but the price too damn much

Honestly as a guy with an eye for design and a art school education, I think some of the work is on a level of fine sculptural art. Stuff like this is mind boggling.

1 Like

eyp theres a lot of great stuff in the high end figure market my favorite face scults have to be from hot toys though

their ability to make these in batches in insane their level of accuracy and high QC Ihavent seen any of these face scults have an imperfection yet from my buddy who collects these while Ive helped him destroy a few $600 plus statues cause of imperfections

also Im goin through this guys page and holy shit I love the way he paints and his color choices

1 Like

Yeah, this guy is art, he’s not trying to create reality it’s his interpretation of it. It makes it that much more enjoyable.

his paint style has a mood to it its kinda cool is he a concept sculptor for other companies or does he do custom orders for collectors?

I don’t know, but a couple of life drawing artists I follow follow him and just turned me on to his work.

ah true he is from japan so I would not be surprised if he was a concept designer for figures. the guys from hong kong are also super legit

No. Just… no.

Haven’t updated in a while but … yeah. https://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Timmeh/collection/
… So yeah Orz.

Do you have those in a display case? You should share some photos.

No … So the thing is I was just going to " get a few for my space " as it was something I had in mind many years ago but wasn’t available until freight forwarders became a thing. Years later I did get a few and 300 + later I am now " retired " cause I no longer have the free space I had before.
Now sadly they just sit there boxed and stacked, waiting :frowning:

I sadly don’t have an figures regretfully :frowning: Makes me very sad as I really want some but atm I have more important things I need to get first. But I will show something my mate does. Hes a model painter and this is one of his most recent works and must say looks fucking phenomenal.
He does this and model replicas of boats as well but he really does like his azure lane models haha.

also how have I only just found this thread

4 Likes