Any audio product you wouldn't be cought dead with?

Ah, I can see that, but personally it would bother me too much lol

to each their own I guess

1 Like

Better fitting buds should sort that not a garrote lol

yes of course buds help and I use foam ones that fit , I just like the feeling of added security given to one by a chin strap

Anything by Audeze. Shock horror…

This still just based on unfounded hatred or an actual reason lol

Yeah, minirigs or nothing, I guess. Good old JBL Charge 3 might be ok (100$USD?) Otherwise, good luck. Either they’re not even stereo, or they don’t have bass.

Sony SRS-X5 was a good one. Bought one as a gift for a friend like, 5 years ago, and she’s still using it regularly.

I just dislike the concept of Bluetooth speakers because it makes it convenient for people to loudly play their music in a public space

3 Likes

Oh jeez no of course still on my unfounded hatred. My being sensible? Come now…

2 Likes

I am not a fan of Bluetooth audio in general and sure audio quality of those types are getting better and better but, also the fact that so called mobile phone companies are removing the 3.5mm headphone jack is a damn turn off for me. I prefer overall my wired cans or iems over bluetooth ones because I cannot even bother to charge bluetooth stuff let alone my damn phone. xD

Yup. I’ll never buy a smartphone without a headphone jack either!

Another thing to charge… otherwise, for ease of use, ok, but 99.9+% of the time it also means less quality… and 5 times the price if you want, I don’t know, Koss KSC75 sound “quality”, but wireless, lol.

I can understand the convenience of having wireless audio on your ears, but if I am going to listen to music and I do listen to a lot of music with my phone, I NEED my wired cans or iems to be accessible on my phone. Also I just don’t like having wireless earbuds getting all lost due to them not being wired and as well in terms of sounds, you simply cannot beat the sounds you get from wired ones.

Ok, so I went and did it, and I will say that with the proper tips (it worked will with dekoni foams), I can see why you would say they compare to the oh10 on good equipment. The sound signature gets better with different tips and gives a wider presentation that at first listen might sound somewhat similar to the oh10. I think the oh10 still has much better actual soundstage accuracy with better spatial recreation, but yeah. The detail and accuracy goes to the oh10, but the urbeats is pretty improved from stock form, but not on the level of the oh10. Overall I do think the urbeats get better with some good tips and gear, but I wouldn’t say they compete with the oh10. I tried almost all the gear I had on the urbeats, and did see varying levels of improvement. Kinda what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting the urbeats to take on a better signature with foams

1 Like

My friend had BeatsX… that “FU” middle-finger-treble is worse than Beyerdynamics, lol.
But her kittens ate these. So I’m glad for her ears, at least.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#436/2031

Yeah tips and better gear so help with sensitive iems, but there is a limit to how good it can get, especially if it’s a really bad iem