Any car audio people on here?

So I ended up getting:

Pioneer TS-A6880F 4-Way Coaxial
Hertz Dieci DT-24.3 Tweeter

Bump up the bass on the headunit and sounds like a have a small sub in the car and the extra tweeters adds nice airy sound.

Total cost = $91.

Mission succesful.

2 Likes

Wait for itā€¦

Whatever I pressed with enter made it postā€¦

Self install?

Yeahā€¦ Stupid wires on the Mazda doors are different left to right. For a few days I was thinking my hearing in my right ear was going till I pulled out my multi-meterā€¦

Morning/afternoon/evening car audio friends.

Looking to do my Mazda CX-3 or MK1 golf next. No budget restrictions on this one.

Has anyone heard the Focal PS165F3 or Hertz MPK 163.3 PRO before?

Also, is 3 way or 2 way the route to go for SQ in a car?

just helped a mate install a 12 inch sub as well as two new drivers in an Aygo.

1 Like

What drivers did you install?

Cant remember the exact model, but I will find out. Both drivers and the sub were pioneer.

I actually have that. Was going to do it 3-way first but ended up in 2-way.
Both Front and Rear speakers are 2-way.

On what level of SQ and just speakers or 4 amps and separate DSP and all?
If you just change speakersā€¦ well no point of reading more.

Would go for Focal K2 or Utopia series if no-limits. They both very very nice when installed SQ-levels of installation. Powerfull SQ class amps and separate DSP.

PS series is still good and nice sounding, in the Entry/Mid levels of SQ.
2-way or 3-way?
2-W: Is much much easier to install correctly and right places to get speakers adjusted / mounted and tuned in the end.
3-W: very hard for speaker alignment, tuning and installation in the correct way.

If installations and tuning is done right, from the very start. Both can be set to sound SQ levels of very good. Other one easier and other one just harder.
Both need a sub anyways to get fuller overall sound.

Friend of mine is just starting a big 3-way SQ project with Focal K2 series and will go official SQ competitions.
Decent amps, good cables, DSP and all. We have planned placement and things in detail. Iā€™ll be doing the tuning later with full measurements and calibrations later on with different settings for different scenarios (competition, casual road trips and full blast etc), maybe help with installation as well. Mostly consulting and guiding to right direction.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I will look at the K2. Rather do this right the first time. Though Iā€™m also not doing competition levels of SQ so maybe the PS series might be enough?

Are Hertz speakers decent? Or is Focal the way to go?

I actually no have experience with Hertz speakers in car audio, cant say.
Focal is very good choice and at least few regular SQ competitors go Focal.

JL audio is pretty good too, I have a full jl setup in my car. Using a C7 tweeter, mid-range, and woofer in each door, along with two 12w7ae3 in a custom box in the back

Gladen / Mosconi also makes very, very, very nice SQ gear.

First experience with Hertz was their tweeter I bought in the setup above - very cheap tweeter buts sounds good but sounds good.

Cheers @MON, JL audio might be a bit harder to obtain in Europe land. So do you prefer 3 way?

Iā€™ve never heard of Gladan/Mosconi before. That means they are good. Lol! Wish I knew all of these things before I spend money on Rockfords in my earlier days.

Ah thatā€™s right, yeah it might not be available over there. Yeah I do lol

1 Like

Though with that being saidā€¦ Neither is my CX3. That still needs to be shipped from SA. Lol

All i know isā€¦cute kitty profile pic =)

1 Like

Stole it off the internetā€¦ Mine is black and white and I didnā€™t have my phone with me when I created my profile.

infinity are good car speakers. the brand has been relegated to be the car audio brand for harman.

edit: focal are also really good that others mentioned.