Anyone buy the Polk LSiM 703/705/707 on sale?

Out of curiosity, did anyone pull the trigger on the Adorama sale on LSiM 703 or 705 or 707s?
Any thoughts and/or feedback of them?

I scooped a pair of the LSiM 703s, and while I havenā€™t had a ton of time at home to enjoy them (I travel for work most of the time), I actually prefer them in near-field to the LS50s I was using for my PC setup. For the sale prices, they are a RIDICULOUS deal, IMO. Imaging, midrange clarity, bass response are all stellar to my ears. They do look hilariously huge in near-field, though. They kind of stretch the limits of what could be called a ā€˜bookshelfā€™ speaker lol.

1 Like

Shoot, I kind of want them pretty badly. Maybe if I can sell some of my extraneous gear (such as my ELAC 6.2s) and DACs, Iā€™ll scoop them up if they sale is still live.

Do they such warm/lush/smooth? Iā€™m a sucker for that sound signature.
Iā€™ll be using a tube amp with them (potentially).

I would place them on the warmer side of neutral, definitely not a bright or harsh speaker. Iā€™m running mine from a Crown XLS1002 and Topping DX3pro, both of which seem to be pretty ā€œhonestā€ sources. If you look up some reviews, Iā€™ll think that youā€™ll find that they are a pretty relaxed listen that plays well with most sources.

Shoot, Iā€™ve spent a decent amount of money lately and Iā€™m a sucker for good value, lol

If youā€™re on the fence, theyā€™ve been out for a number of years (2012, I think?) and thereā€™s a ton of reviews out there. Spend some time reading up to see if it really sounds like what you want. I was actually looking at waiting for the new Polk Legend series to go on sale some years down the road, and when these came up on sale, I just couldnā€™t resist.

Lol, I got them. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll love them, especially with a smoother sound signature. Time to lock my credit card in a safe for Black Friday and the holidaysā€¦

Tagging @M0N, just because.

1 Like

Nice lol, not sure what I have to do with this, but hope you enjoy them :+1:

I heard these and they were pretty great sounding, and at this price its a real bargain (surprised more people donā€™t know these exist or are good lol)

Was actually looking at picking up some legend L200ā€™s myself but this is a much better deal (if I needed more speakers lol)

1 Like

Nah, itā€™s just that weā€™ve been in consistent communication lately, so thanks for that :wink:

Now itā€™s time to hock my ELAC 6.2s.

I think that youā€™ll be quite pleased with them, and if by some odd chance that you arenā€™t, you should be able to resell them at minimal (if any) loss. Have fun with them!

1 Like

Hey stupid question regarding the 703s, if I donā€™t plan on biwiring or biamping them, do I plug both banana plugs to the top posts? Or am I supposed to plug one up and one down? Anything special?
Of course, I left the binding posts plugged in.

@M0N

You would just plug them into the top posts (or the bottom if you feel like it)

1 Like

Thanks, I just switched to the bottom posts to give me a few inches of wiggle room for my wires.

Soā€¦ how do they sound?

After Friendsgiving, I converted my guest room into a listening room. I placed the speakers in a position where they disappear with wide soundstage. I close the blinds, pretend Iā€™m sipping scotch (because itā€™s dark ā€“ only thing lighting up the room are tubes), and have an eargasm.

They definitely opened up more after break-in.

2 Likes

Very nice. What speakers did you move up from and how do they compare?

My other pair of speakers are Klipsch RP-280FA and those are really nice for home theater and EDM or Rock music. They are definitely dynamic and fun.
I typically lean towards the side of acoustic + singer and I think there is where these LSiMs shine. They are definitely lush, full, and tactile. I also pair them up with a tube amp and a SMSL M100 DAC.

Good to know. I love good acoustic music and especially love when speakers can play it well. I also love EDM and listen to is on a regular basis. Do these do EDM music justice?

They do, but Iā€™d bring a sub to the party. Iā€™ve currently got mine paired up with an RSL Speedwoofer 10S, and that combo DEFINITELY does it justice.

1 Like