Anyone here like Guano Apes?

I got introduced to them when I hard Path II by Apocalyptica with Sanda Nasic on vocals, who is the lead singer for GA.

here’s an Eminem cover they did:

1 Like

here’s one of their popular songs.

2 Likes

Sandra Nasic :point_up_2:i like her dirty voice in Sound of Musik,Lord of the Bords​:grin:.

1 Like

yes…her dirty / angry voice is attractive. weird, right?

1 Like

Oh yes,I would give in directly to the argument,or provoke daily just to hear ,:joy::innocent::joy::innocent:.

THis SOng is good too,

But she can also be gentle

2 Likes

interesting. just plugged the HP50’s into my Galaxy A5 and they are so anemic sounding compared to when they were connected to my Zen DAC. :thinking:

she has a nice voice. reminds me of a couple other singers depending on the tune. very versatile voice.

1 Like

listening zen dac —> lyr3 ---->t60rp argons. might try the zen into crack into hd600’s next. get some vocal cans going to really check out her voice :slightly_smiling_face:

Zen + Crack + HD600 sounds like heaven to me.

while I have a lot of headphones I want to try, for the majority of my music, the HD600 comes up as the best and tubes would just make all my instrumental / orchestral / epic glorious.

1 Like

Had to look up the year after I listened because I felt taken back straight to the 90’s. Ill have to check some more out later on :+1:

2 Likes

warming up the tubes, to much talk lol. will report back in a few!

1 Like

what’s the difference like between the Lyr 3 and the Crack using the HD600?

dryer, faster presentation. faster bass, about the same impact. crack sounds more organic. the lyr3 sounds a lot more solid state in comparison to the crack.

edit: im not the best at reviewing

edit2: i think timbre more then anything is the biggest difference. the lyr3 does a really good job of mimicking the soundstage of a tube amp. but tube timbre and lushness goes with hd600 more over all for me. vocals are just :heart:

1 Like

i also have the speedball upgrade. i also never tried it without the upgrade, so i can not comment on the base version.

1 Like

Ive been trying to remember the name of this group! Used to drive my friend to university as she would put this song on.

2 Likes

Marzipan is the hero of the night! Gave me something new to listen to.

2 Likes

Ok so tidal master > ifi zen > crack > hd600. Amazing! Tidal has a good chunk of their songs at master quality. Bring a tear to your eye on quitely.

1 Like

when you say master quality…you’re talking MQA?

also, from that bit about the Lyr 3 vs Crack…you’re saying the Crack has better timbre or the Lyr?

crack has better. and yes, MQA.

edit: looks like tidal has 5 albums at master(mqa) quality.

careful with the word MQA…that’s one thing most here are united against. not quite hostile…but close. not to those that use it, we don’t care, if you like it you like it…but the story of MQA and it’s rise and response to questions about claims they made have made most in the know turn against them.

:upside_down_face: