🔶 Audeze LCD-1

This is the official thread for the Audeze LCD-1

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp recommended: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Audeze Site Link

[Reviews]

Metal571

1 Like

I actually tried those very same HPs Saturday. Metal brought them, they are VERY good, esp given the fact they’re 350. The ear cups were just too small for me, but the sound it something I would be more than happy to have. It feels as if Audeze is shooting for the beats demographics when as their tastes grow.

They certainly sounded “in the family”.

1 Like

how do these stack up against the Sundara, which are about the same price?

I think it depends on preference. I feel if you like a more warm studio sound these are for you. If you like a bit lighter and airy sound the sundara is for you. I think the comparison is more in depth on the other thread (that I’m trying to merge lol)

2 Likes

Actually heard the Sundaras at the same meet. I loved them. But they feel so god dammed cheap. I have an M1060, I didn’t not want another POS poor construction HP.

I’m not an Audeze LCD-2 owner after all. I don’t associate with the riff raff any more. :wink:

Ugh… That actually does look nice :expressionless:

1 Like

Pretty sure the main competitor of this headphone would be the sundara and the m570, but with different tuning

It’s nice to see Audeze present a product in the entry level…give HFM some competition.

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve heard metal571 go on about how good a pair of headphones are.

I’m also curious to see how this release affects the M570’s, being the price is so similar.

1 Like

Well, also the fact that he has never reviewed the sendy, sundara, m570 is something to take note of, along with his strong preference for a certain sound signature. That being said I do trust what he says somewhat that they are probably pretty good headphones

4 Likes

yeh…that he tunes every headphone to a certain sound profile with EQ kinda ruins the validity of his reviews as they’re based on virtual sound, not real sound.

2 Likes

That’s not true, he just has a clear preference, I don’t think that makes his reviews worse or invalidates them lol. The whole goal is enjoyment, and if he can tune headphones so he can enjoy them, I don’t see why he shouldn’t. He fully discloses it and even includes his settings in the description for people to try out

1 Like

perhaps my words were too strong…but it calls into question his thoughts, in my opinion. is he speaking of their raw performance or their EQ’d performance? it’s not always obvious.

Agree with Marzipan if he try’s to Harman curve every headphone then why bother?..A good hobby but the same kinda outcome…a change is as good as a rest, vive la difference etc?

I guess, but it’s still his option that’s being presented, he does not claim anything to be absolute. A sound review is subjective by nature and it depends on the person. You don’t have to watch his reviews, but someone might have similar tastes as him and find it very helpful. He is more of a technical person then someone like z, and some may not enjoy that

I totally agree mate… not having a go but that’s the exact reason why I stopped watching him lol…:sleeping:

Yes – Metal571 absolutely forms his opinions based on un-EQ’d listening … and presents an extremely detailed critique of any frequency response departures from neutral. Just like Resolve and Max Settings. In addition, he adds a brief segment about how a headphone responds to EQ with details re the EQ corrections it takes to correct the headphone’s worst FR flaws for those who wish to do so.

OTOH, his bias that you have to be aware of is his extreme preference for highly recessed upper mids (and non-elevated treble). This has been an evolving thing from his earliest reviews and he is very up-front about it, especially in his latest reviews.

2 Likes

saw his review on the way home and was laughing out loud. After the AKG this is a hf he finally liked!

this one seems to be a very interesting one
The only LCD I liked so far was the 3.

Huh, the only lcd I wasn’t the fondest of was the 3 and actually the 4z

they all are not my cup of tee
prefered the 3’s mids over the LCD 2’s from what I remember