šŸ”¶ Audeze LCD-1

Haha. Thanks. My entire ā€œofficeā€ is actually a backyard shed that the previous owner outfitted with electricity, pegboard walls and vinyl flooring. I find endless uses for the pegboard, but it hardly feels like a proper office.

I actually use the pegboard to hang my diplomas, right where the previous owner hung his vise grips. :rofl::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well, my ā€œofficeā€ is a 5ā€™x5ā€™ space next to my bed in my bedroom so you have me beat haha. No hanging of my diploma :joy:

2 Likes

I will always wonder what I missed here.

:grin:

3 Likes

Hey, did you end up getting the O Bravo Cupids? If so, how did they work out?

I didnā€™t yet, I decided to save some money and see if Iā€™m happy with the T4s before I get them. Also ended up picking up the WH-1000XM3s so prob be a bit before I spring for more IEMs. Hoping the T4 does the trick.

I love the WH-1000XM3. They obviously arenā€™t audiophile headphones, but they work really well when I want to go cord-free. I use them almost daily. Iā€™m curious about the Cupids only because they seem to be a bit polarizing

I actually got them sounding really good. I use the Sennheiser Captune app so I can keep them on LDAC while using EQ. Loving them so far, the NC is crazy and really helps me focus when working on my online classes.

Sometimes it nice to just have a great wireless NC headphone and block out the rest of the world lol

Have yaw heard of No theme reviews, he reviewed the Lcd1 and said it was average. He gives the deepest reviews Iā€™ve seen.

I think his reviews are rambling bullshit. I saw 2 videos of him complaining about other reviewers being sent them for free (as if thatā€™s something new) but no actual ā€œreviewā€.

Everyoneā€™s entitled to their opinion. For me, they are excellent. I really donā€™t care what someone else thinks.

So it looks like Iā€™m leaning towards getting the Sendyā€™s because of the black Friday sale that brings them down to $479. I think I value imaging more anyway, but would you say the soundstage is significantly better on the LCD1?

I think itā€™s larger, but I donā€™t think the LCD 1 or sendy have stand out soundstage to me. I do think the sendy images better though

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hearing about the soundstage of the 2, hence itā€™s not been a major deciding factor. Well Iā€™ll have the next couple of days to make up my mind.

That was what BGGAR did before he sold out. He rivals Z in affiliate links when he used to bash them.

Joshua posted his review.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m a bit disappointed. I was hoping these would be Audezeā€™s new best value model. Does anyone else think the vocal range sounds veiled like Josh does? Weak mids would also be deal-breaker for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t really agree with that review fully, I kinda think he is more used to a different sound than the audeze provides. I think itā€™s a great buy tbh. Also not sure why he thinks it has weak mids, as I have heard a fair amount of headphones that donā€™t have this coherent range as these do. I will agree that they donā€™t have as good spatial recreation as other headphones in the price range (but that being said audezeā€™s are kinda like that imo)

2 Likes

How about this bass comparison against Sundara? Is this accurate? Doesnā€™t really paint them in a good light.

In that case, I will have to give these a listen next time I feel driving 2 hours to the nearest Hifi store. Would you consider the LCD-1 an upgrade (and similar in sound) to anything I own? (see profile)